Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

1 hour ago, Barking Spiders said:

Ta dah!!!!! first time I've seen Shpongle mentioned on BC in many moons, well about 4 years whenever I joined. They do a great live show. Do you like the related Hallucinogen and the Infinity Project perchance?

Confession time. That's the first time I've ever heard Shpongle and I thought  they were great! Will be delving deeper into their back catalogue and I'll also be having a look at the two acts you've mentioned 👍

2 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

Ta dah!!!!! first time I've seen Shpongle mentioned on BC in many moons, well about 4 years whenever I joined. They do a great live show. Do you like the related Hallucinogen and the Infinity Project perchance?

I think I may have mentioned them 🙂

Love that they can do dance music in 5/4 and most people don't even notice!

2 hours ago, upside downer said:

Confession time. That's the first time I've ever heard Shpongle and I thought  they were great! Will be delving deeper into their back catalogue and I'll also be having a look at the two acts you've mentioned 👍

The two founding members of Sphongle are Simon Posford and Raja Ram, who also made Goa/Psy trance under the names Hallucinogen and Infinity Project respectively. They're quite different from Shpongle though, more full on and upwards of 140 BPM, E'd up four to the floor bangers. Viz Sphongle, you can't go far wrong with any of their albums.

• Like 1

The latest Arcade Fire album - some very good tracks - would go down well at a festival - a couple of mediocre ones too - but I like the album - even Peter Gabriel on BV on one track who would be a great addition to the band vocally - no idea what he doing now. 

16 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

Never heard of them before.

I liked the way that sounded.

I like the way it looked.

Not sure I can forgive the name 'Shpongle' though !

Ha ha praps not. Been following them for aeons as I'm a tad partial to this kind of 'world fusion', for want of a better word, having a similar vibe to Transglobal Underground, Afro Celt Sound System, Loop Guru etc. real good festival stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barking Spiders said:

Ha ha praps not. Been following them for aeons as I'm a tad partial to this kind of 'world fusion', for want of a better word, having a similar vibe to Transglobal Underground, Afro Celt Sound System, Loop Guru etc. real good festival stuff.

Saw Afro Celt at Cambridge Folk Festival, they were a highlight along with an electric Scots band rejoicing in the name of Peatbog Faeries who are excellent live 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

My main love for 'world fusion' is Goat, who are using a base of psyche-rock rather than dance music.

Might have to check out those you mentioned... I'm aware of all the names but maybe never really listened to them properly. Put some suggestions here by all means.