Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

I'm going pretty obscure here. Regular John Peel listeners and/or Liverpool residents in their teens -ish in the 80s might've come across these two sadly overlooked tunes. Used to have the 45s but now can only hear them on YT.

Edited by Barking Spiders

2 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

I'm going pretty obscure here. Regular Peel listeners back in the 80s and/or Liverpool residents might've come across these two woefully underrated/overlooked/neglected bands. I had these 2 tunes of 45s but now can only hear them on YT.

…three more from them later…

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, TrevorR said:

Treated myself to this - Japanese import CD of the Steven Wilson remix of the Close To The Edge album… very nice!

ED14C663-343C-4AB8-AF8E-09F05615F7F4.thumb.jpeg.09a7a74c19e13b95040b30fe1b57ea66.jpeg

Oooh, interesting.  What has he done with it?  This was the first record I ever bought at the tender age of 11 after saving up my sixpences pocket money and has long been a favourite of mine.

OK bit of a step change from the usual on here. Hopefully the link will work.

youtube.com/watch?v=MaCazf36D3k

I've been listening to dozens of versions, trying to get it thoroughly into my head and to me this is the best version I've come across. I could listen to this on a loop all day, the acoustics of the venue and feeling the musicians play with raises the hairs on the back of my neck at some points.

Bit of a guilty pleasure considering the stuff I usually listen to.  Marina and the Diamonds.

I find this difficult to pigeonhole; I really like the vocal delivery.  I watched a bit of her set at Lollapalooza in Chile over the weekend and it was quite brilliant in a look-at-me-I'm-bonkers kind of way.

34 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

Bit of a guilty pleasure considering the stuff I usually listen to.  Marina and the Diamonds.

I find this difficult to pigeonhole; I really like the vocal delivery.  I watched a bit of her set at Lollapalooza in Chile over the weekend and it was quite brilliant in a look-at-me-I'm-bonkers kind of way.

That's no guilty pleasure, Marina is incredible!

• Like 1