Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

On 08/01/2022 at 17:30, MothMan said:

Laura Branigan - Self Control

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8foyktslOFY

whoa, blast from the past! I remember liking this and hiding it from my heavy metal mates (I was always quite eclectic in my tastes :D )

I do prefer the original (I still have the 45 RPM single!) by RAF. A bit strange to get someone covering a song the same year (or year after?) the original came out.

I could not view that video, so here's the Laura one:

and here's the RAF one (the video is not the greatest example of a music video but hey, it was the 80s which spawn masterpieces as well s the worst of the worst :D😞

I listened to the first three Mastodon albums at work today - Remission, Leviathan and Blood Mountain

Remission is superb and criminally good for a debut. Blood Mountain is excellent and better than I remember it being. 

Leviathan is a stone cold classic though, easily one of the best metal albums of the 21st century and deserves to be spoken of in the same breath as Master Of Puppets and Reign In Blood.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nekomatic said:

The precociously talented Rosie Frater-Taylor

Which prompted me to go listening to some other jazz guitarists, and so find out that Ronny Jordan died back in 2014 😢

However that led me to rediscover this

• Like 1