Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

6 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

Garbage.

I created a long Garbage playlist yesterday, I really liked the first album and the b-sides from that period, but lost interest after Version 2.0 came out; I've bought the albums, but never really listened to them.  I'll admit I hated No Gods, No Masters.

Tim Burgess had a listening party last night for Beautiful Garbage.

https://timstwitterlisteningparty.com/pages/replay/feed_964.html

My Mobile phone. I'm waiting to speak with someone from the State Pension Service. The music keeps being interrupted by a voice giving me advice about going online or calling back later because they are busy. 

The music, although a short repetitive ditty, is the least annoying that I've experienced whilst hanging on the end of my phone. 

1 hour ago, NancyJohnson said:

Garbage.

I created a long Garbage playlist yesterday, I really liked the first album and the b-sides from that period, but lost interest after Version 2.0 came out; I've bought the albums, but never really listened to them.  I'll admit I hated No Gods, No Masters.

yeah agree, they started on a high with the debut but in general subsequent albums got patchier. IMO Bleed Like Me is their second best as it has more good than poor tunes. Never liked Version 2 much despite its rep.

Believe it or not, currently listening to the Shadows. Ive ontained a 6 CD set which contains all their studio recordings from 1958 to 1966.  All of it is good, some of it positively brilliant.

This covers the period where Jet Harris played, and latterly Brian Locking - Jet Harris has quite an ornate style, and as he develops his style you can hear a lot of stuff based on scales.  Locking is a simpler player, often locked into the root notes, and while not a bad player isnt half as good as Harris had become.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, cetera said:

The quite excellent and hugely underrated British act Charlie from the late 70's....

You look at the that set of album covers and know it's a sterotypical 1970's white, all male, rock band. Then listening to the first track the slidehow is more of the same, until one of the pictures is of the band - and you were right! 😁

Good songs though. 👍

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bassfinger said:

... Jet Harris has quite an ornate style, and as he develops his style you can hear a lot of stuff based on scales ...

Jet Harris was the first bassist I was aware of and listened to very carefully. I didnt have a bass or even a guitar but I still mimed his playing in my bedroom.

• Like 2