Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

New Twelve Foot Ninja - Vengeance. It hits hard.

I'm liking it, its true to form but shows evolution too - big djent-y guitars, a good slice of electronica, clever lyrics and excellent harmonies, random stylistic segues and great production. What's not to like? 🙂

It's almost commercial pop in places, but tbf it covers pretty much all of the genres!

3 hours ago, BreadBin said:

I'm liking it, its true to form but shows evolution too - big djent-y guitars, a good slice of electronica, clever lyrics and excellent harmonies, random stylistic segues and great production. What's not to like? 🙂

It's almost commercial pop in places, but tbf it covers pretty much all of the genres!

Been listening to the singles on YouTube, mainly because Over And Out has Tatiana Shmayluk on vocals. 

• Like 1

On 17/10/2021 at 18:56, BreadBin said:

You built it up so much I had to have a listen....

Hated it!! Sorry....proves that life would be boring if we all liked the same things...

I’m not going to buy it, but I really like some of the covers on The Blacklist.

Not sure what my favourite is, as there are so many good ones, but a surprising standout is Miley Cyrus and her all star band singing Nothing Else Matters.  Ghost’s version of Enter Sandman is fantastic.  Biffy Clyro have made Holier Than Thou a Biffy song. 

On 18/10/2021 at 23:11, garyt said:

I’m not going to buy it, but I really like some of the covers on The Blacklist.

Not sure what my favourite is, as there are so many good ones, but a surprising standout is Miley Cyrus and her all star band singing Nothing Else Matters.  Ghost’s version of Enter Sandman is fantastic.  Biffy Clyro have made Holier Than Thou a Biffy song. 

I had a listen to the blacklist, but the songs didn't have the same punch as the original, so I bought the 3 cd black album remastered instead. It has an incredible version of wherever I may roam on the live CD ;^)

3 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

I'm listening to the instrumental version of the first Periphery album.

I really can't stand the Tasmanian Devil 😈 vocals associated with this band, but the music is off the scale.  Wonderful.

I prefer them without vocals.

Misha's solo stuff (recorded as Bulb) is good too.