Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

9 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

Listening to Down this morning. 

NOLA is a superb album but I had forgotten just how good Down II is, especially the bass

Down II is one if THE bass albums. An absolute planets-in-alignment perfect storm.

Sadly the bass is pretty nonexistent on the first album. There was talk of Rex rerecording the bass parts for a reissue around the time of II but it never came to be.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

Down II is one if THE bass albums. An absolute planets-in-alignment perfect storm.

Sadly the bass is pretty nonexistent on the first album. There was talk of Rex rerecording the bass parts for a reissue around the time of II but it never came to be.

I think Rex is a really unappreciated bassist. His work with Pantera was brilliant but he was always overshadowed by Dime

• Like 2

First listen to the new Ministry album Moral Hygiene this morning. They've definitely gone back to their earlier sound, it's a long way from the last couple albums. Not what I'd describe as easy listening!

Very political as always. I hope Donald Trump and Kenneth Copeland aren't getting royalties for all the samples of them. Death Toll was the highlight for me, great track and a great use of samples. 

9 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

There was a period in the 80s when Maxi Priest was a God to me. One of my inspirations to start playing Bass.

Yeah he did a lot more than people think, some of his best tracks were in the 80s 👍

Edited by Reggaebass
  • Like 1