Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

I’m not sure what you’re saying about Peter Bruntnell but I’ve got most of his cds and I’ve seen him live in small venues twice

I think he is a great undiscovered talent 

regarding Steve Earle as with everything for me it’s the music that counts and I like his music - it doesn’t matter to me whether “he’s turned into an opinionated bore”

as long as “opinionated bore”s are talented, write and sing songs that I like that’s all that matters and I’m more than happy to listen to them and buy their music

Edited by gareth

19 minutes ago, gareth said:

I’m not sure what you’re saying about Peter Bruntnell but I’ve got most of his cds and I’ve seen him live in small venues twice

I think he is a great undiscovered talent 

regarding Steve Earle as with everything for me it’s the music that counts and I like his music - I really couldn’t care a stuff whether “he’s turned into an opinionated bore”

as long as “opinionated bore”s are talented, write and sing songs that I like that’s all that matters and I’m more than happy to listen to them and buy their music

Bruntnell is hardly undiscovered. He’s just not on many peoples radar. I wasn’t judging his music just his unfortunate choice of clothes at that event. 
Much of Steve Earles music is very good, and as I said I’ve covered many of his songs live over the years. But his shows here in the UK descended into lengthy between songs diatribes on American politics. Still a fan of the music, but I wouldn’t pay money to see him again. 

1 hour ago, gareth said:

Yes I agree that’s a pain - if only musicians and actors would keep to what they do best

What if they're better at political rants than making music? Also, what if some artists use music primarily as a way for getting messages across to the unwashed masses rather than standing on a box at Speakers Corner or whatever equivalent they have in the US?

Bought a couple of bits on Bandcamp today:

Dreamwell - Modern Grotesque

https://dreamwell.bandcamp.com/album/modern-grotesque

Post hardcore, basically the band I had on my head to start - think a mathier/heavier Touché Amoré

Chamber - Cost Of Sacrifice

https://chambertn.bandcamp.com/album/cost-of-sacrifice

Dissonant math/metal-core, I saw one of Hate5six's live videos and loved it

Kowloon Walled City - Container Ships

https://kowloonwalledcity.bandcamp.com/album/container-ships

Kinda doomy post-metal, the first ISIS record is the closest touch point I can hear, some lovely Alembic bass tone too.