Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Y

2 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Rainy Saturday breakfast.  Pecan and banana pancakes, strawberries on the side.  Coffee, fresh orange juice.

The Isley Brothers.

Life is good 

Now you got me thinking I need a walk well its too late for pancakes

• Like 2

Currently listening to "Off the Wall" by Michael Jackson. It's been years since I listened to it last and I've realised that it isn't just a collection of very good songs but there are some wicked bass lines in there too.

Metallica - Hardwired....To Self Destruct

Not really listened to this since it was released, it's better than I remember, but I don't get why they made a double album. There was enough material for a really good 30-40 minute record, but for some bizzare reason decided to pad it out with another 50 minutes of bland filler.

Edited by Graham

As a rug rat of the early 70s I missed out on the heyday of punk but just about caught the tail-end of the post punk thing. Been recently listening to a lot of Undertones, Buzzcocks, Stiff Little Fingers, Ruts, Generation X and Wire. Right now it's the latter's  excellent Chairs Missing

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Barking Spiders said:

As a rug rat of the early 70s I missed out on the heyday of punk but just about caught the tail-end of the post punk thing. Been recently listening to a lot of Undertones, Buzzcocks, Stiff Little Fingers, Ruts, Generation X and Wire. Right now it's the latter's  excellent Chairs Missing

Wire were in a niche of their own - looking back on the first 3 albums I feel they appeared in the wrong era but tried to blend in with the punk movement which I never felt they were truly a part of - i know people might disagree. 
I liked Evan Dando's cover of this:-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

Loved by many...just short of 2 hours of Sade

Yep, I've a soft spot for her. A long time ago me and my then missus were out for a long country walk but we got lost and found ourselves having to take a short cut through some private fields. In the distance we saw a figure approaching who then asked if we were lost and kindly walked and talked with us to show us the right way out. After we went our separate ways, me and the missus looked at eachother as if to say 'no way, surely not!'. We later spoke of this to others  living nearby who confirmed yes indeed Sade was the owner of the land we'd been trespassing on. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

Yep, I've a soft spot for her. A long time ago me and my then missus were out for a long country walk but we got lost and found ourselves having to take a short cut through some private fields. In the distance we saw a figure approaching who then asked if we were lost and kindly walked and talked with us to show us the right way out. After we went our separate ways, me and the missus looked at each other as if to say 'no way, surely not!'. We later spoke of this to others  living nearby who confirmed yes indeed Sade was the owner of the land we'd been trespassing on. 

I'm led to believe that she also has a flat above the Arsenal ground. Apparently a keen Arsenal fan.