Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

4 minutes ago, ProfJames said:

@Reggaebass      I have a Max Romeo record from the 60s I think...........Wet Dream............up there with judge Dread methinks............

This is my favourite max Romeo track, it’s from the , War ina Babylon album 1976, and the first one is with tiken Jah fakoly, with Robbie on bass, it’s a great one to play 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ProfJames said:

@Reggaebass       great calls!  Would like to see your record collection!!!

I’ve still got my vinyl going back to around 1977, it’s stored in my loft but I do bust it out now and again, I used to buy from , daddy kool record shop and red records in Brixton  🙂

12 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I’ve still got my vinyl going back to around 1977, it’s stored in my loft but I do bust it out now and again, I used to buy from , daddy kool record shop and red records in Brixton  🙂

Mine came from a shop in Harlesden and a smaller one in Willesden..........need to dig them out as well........all CDs now!  Also from Geno Washingtons place in West Hampstead and a couple of SKA bands in Primrose Hill.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ProfJames said:

Mine came from a shop in Harlesden and a smaller one in Willesden..........need to dig them out as well........all CDs now!  Also from Geno Washingtons place in West Hampstead and a couple of SKA bands in Primrose Hill.....

Lots of the early reggae and dub vinyl is really collectible now, and popular in the us 

• Like 1

Manchester based band and our own @MDWagstaff's former crew - he kindly shared a track he'd played on the Yammy thread. I went on to listen to Night Light and OMG immediately fell in love with Matt Jones' vocals! For me, it had a touch of Brad Delp (Boston, More than a Feeling) vocal quality about it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bartelby said:

Terry Riley's In C.

There was a really good BBC4 documentary on John Adams, which also covered other 1960s minimalist composers. Must have been well over a year ago as I went into the music section of the Library of Birmingham afterwards and borrowed a few CDs by John Adams andTerry Riley. This and Shaker Loops by John Adams I liked. I didn't find a CD of A Rainbow In Curved Air at the time and I haven't actually heard that. Off to Spotify...

• Like 1

This is a rough mix of a track off the new album from a band that my mate BSD has recently hooked up with. A bit progtastic, but none the worse for that. Nice in a mid period Genesis kinda way and a strong vocal performance. Dave was a member on here at one point, but didn't stick around for too long.

https://www.facebook.com/thiswintermachine/videos/521674288802869

17 minutes ago, Richard R said:

There was a really good BBC4 documentary on John Adams, which also covered other 1960s minimalist composers. Must have been well over a year ago as I went into the music section of the Library of Birmingham afterwards and borrowed a few CDs by John Adams andTerry Riley. This and Shaker Loops by John Adams I liked. I didn't find a CD of A Rainbow In Curved Air at the time and I haven't actually heard that. Off to Spotify...

Yeah. I remember that documentary. Totally ignored all the groundbreaking female composers of the time, but it was still quite good. 

On 02/04/2021 at 18:00, ProfJames said:

Having had a daughter who got sucked into the vortex of anorexia - I find this uncomfortable watching - no idea who she is but once you've tried to care and support someone with anorexia you start to see there are many of them around. I'm not complaining in any way about your post though -  it's just my reaction - it's a hell of thing for all concerned to get through. 

• Like 1