Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

6 hours ago, meterman said:

Traffic, Nick Drake and this:

0D6B23EF-2FCF-46D3-9C68-4313A90F3F47.thumb.jpeg.2629c6d2179105319b48211f5008315a.jpegE3B7FE43-07C9-41BD-90A5-63558C443AC3.thumb.jpeg.a435c362e72cb858414f74e13ffedfac.jpeg

I saw him 3 times over a period of 10-12 years and he was like a candle - gradually melting and loosing his shape - his voice was once all husky, twisted barleycorn and rye - then slightly hazy and inebriated - and finally just one long incomprehensible slur. I can remember going home on the bus once elated after one gig after he sang Over The Rainbow for an encore - it was so beautiful and uplifting I could hardly speak - you could have heard a pin drop - it was like a magic spell being cast on the audience.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, lemonstar said:

I saw him 3 times over a period of 10-12 years and he was like a candle - gradually melting and loosing his shape - his voice was once all husky, twisted barleycorn and rye - then slightly hazy and inebriated - and finally just one long incomprehensible slur. I can remember going home on the bus once elated after one gig after he sang Over The Rainbow for an encore - it was so beautiful and uplifting I could hardly speak - you could have heard a pin drop - it was like a magic spell being cast on the audience.

That sums him up perfectly 👍 I saw him maybe 7 or 8 times and supported him once, he was brilliant solo (London Astoria, Soho Jazz Festival, Glastonbury etc) but I saw him once with his 80’s fusion-y backing band (oi, Soprano sax and DX7 synth pads - nooooo!!!) and it almost put me off seeing him again. But then I saw him play the most sublime version of “Solid Air” somewhere else afterwards... oh lord! He was the more astonishingly talented fella when he wasn’t on the coke and phoning it in.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Frank Blank said:
22 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

Washing Machine going 'Full Tilt' 1600 Spin 'n Having a dance... Reminds me of Hawkwind 1980s Hamersmith Odeon 😁

I was so at that gig, off me Omo on Hotpoint jollies.

You buggers could have said hello to me

!

• Haha 1