Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

On 06/03/2021 at 11:08, Doctor J said:

Discharge - Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing

I saw the Banshees in 1978 and I reckon it was around that time that I ran in to Discharge in Clay Records in Hanley Stoke-on-Trent - I walked in and they grabbed me and threatened to beat me up unless I got out - I was like Who TF are you? We're Discharge, they explained!, and I said I've heard of you but they still threw me out - I thought it was a pretty cool experience at the time - the shop was only about 2ft square anyway. I'd been threatened with a flick knife by short-arsed punk in a bowler hat (lol!) at the Banshees gig because I was "looking at his lapel badges" so TBH the Discharge incident was just one of those things that happened at that time.

Edited by lemonstar
  • Like 1

I've long been of the opinion professional music critics are a bunch of no talent winkers, reinforced 30 years ago by the slating this band got, as being 5th rate Pearl Jam copyists. Never liked PJ myself and have never seen any likeness between the two. Been playing all the Scott Weiland era albums and they still sound fresher than any new rock I'm hearing  today.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ProfJames said:

I had the chance to go and see them - this gig - 
761107_ticket_thin_lizzy_tony_went.jpg
but because they didn't fit in with the other music I was in to I was too cool to go 
I kick myself because  people were talking about how great they were for what seemed like months after and my mate, who invited me, came back with this mirror badge.

original-70s-thin-lizzy-mirror-badge_360_0b67eff25c8fbddbfb0ef844284f6df0.jpg

Edited by lemonstar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lemonstar said:

I had the chance to go and see them - this gig - 
761107_ticket_thin_lizzy_tony_went.jpg
but because they didn't fit in with the other music I was in to I was too cool to go 
I kick myself because  people were talking about how great they were for what seemed like months after and my mate, who invited me, came back with this mirror badge.

original-70s-thin-lizzy-mirror-badge_360_0b67eff25c8fbddbfb0ef844284f6df0.jpg

Giving away my age a bit here but saw them in the early '70s in Kilburn and they did Whiskey in the JAr....I was 13!  Saw them many years later and paid quite a bit for the ticket, great live.  He used to live in West Hampstead - Phil Lynott - and was always in a pub called the Birds Nest, always approachable.  His biography ..the Thin Man I think ... was a sad read if I remember rightly.  Drugs got the better.  Have quite a bit of Thin Lizzy in my collection, still listen avidly.........

20 hours ago, ProfJames said:

Giving away my age a bit here but saw them in the early '70s in Kilburn and they did Whiskey in the JAr....I was 13!  Saw them many years later and paid quite a bit for the ticket, great live.  He used to live in West Hampstead - Phil Lynott - and was always in a pub called the Birds Nest, always approachable.  His biography ..the Thin Man I think ... was a sad read if I remember rightly.  Drugs got the better.  Have quite a bit of Thin Lizzy in my collection, still listen avidly.........

Saw them loads, and on the final tour missed the last train home for the encore so slept on Portsmouth station and caught the milk train home (thankfully a kind porter took pity on two or three of us in the same boat and let us kip in a carriage parked up for the night 

• Like 1