Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Courtney Barnett - Porcelain

I'd accidentally put the MP3 player on Shuffle (there's only about 10 albums at a time in there, but the old memory's not so good so I don't remember what they are!) and this came up. Sounded all the better for not knowing it was coming 

Good for drifting away to.

• Like 2

Currently listening to Judas Priest - You've Got Another Thing Coming (Live At The Seminole Hard Rock Arena) 

Just admiring how Ian Hill holds it down in the midst of so much power going on around him, KK Downing and Glenn Tipton both metal monsters yet without Ian they wouldnt be able to hold it down as well, big fan of Priest!

5 hours ago, nilebodgers said:

Heard this on Radio 4 Inheritance Tracks this morning - terrific song from My Chemical Romance:

I heard it there too. I made a mental note to listen to it properly later - without the overlayed story etc (no complaints, I like the feature).  Of course, I promptly forgot to do so! 

So thanks for posting!

Over the last couple of weeks I've been listening to the music of Rachel Aggs. I was first aware of her a couple of years ago when her band Trash Kit played at a small local venue and I went to see them on the off chance. They were great. In the last couple of weeks I have bought an album by 'Shopping' and realised that Rachel is in them too. And youtube has shown me that she is also in Sacred Paws - another band who I have heard and liked. She must be pretty busy!

Just downloaded the Sacred Paws album - "Strike a Match" - here's the title track.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mcnach said:

That's really good!

Do they have any recordings out? There's just a couple of songs on Bandcamp that I could find.

Yeah I think that’s it and Apple Music, I did hear they have finished a studio album and it’s meant to be released soon, I know @Frank Blank follows them, he might know something more 🙂

10 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Yeah I think that’s it and Apple Music, I did hear they have finished a studio album and it’s meant to be released soon, I know @Frank Blank follows them, he might know something more 🙂

‘Fraid not @mcnach they are possibly one of the best live bands I’ve seen but unfortunately their prodigious talent is matched by a what appears to be an absolute lack of any organisation. They have a Facebook page that hasn’t been updated since July 2020, a website that leads to a blank page and a YouTube channel. They did an EP called Good Omens and have a newer one out on Spotify called Second Attention but as far as I know that’s it. They are a Brighton-based act who invariably support any big reggae act who play in the town. Every time I’ve seen them I ask one or two of the band why they don’t play more and they just grin and shrug. I’ve ever known a band who needed a manager more than Samsara! With proper backing they’d be huge.

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Thanks 1

Badfinger - Timeless. A Musical Legacy album.

Love this song.

The bands story is quite sad. Huge talent but just didn't seem to happen for them. Rob Evans voice on this at times reminds me of earlier Geddy Lee.

Edited by dmccombe7

9 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

‘Fraud not @mcnach they are possibly one of the best live bands I’ve seen but unfortunately their prodigious talent is matched by a what appears to be an absolute lack of any organisation. They have a Facebook page that hasn’t been updated since July 2020, a website that leads to a blank page and a YouTube channel. They did an EP called Good Omens and have a newer one out on Spotify called Second Attention but as far as I know that’s it. They are a Brighton-based act who invariably support any big reggae act who play in the town. Every time I’ve seen them I ask one or two of the band why they don’t play more and they just grin and shrug. I’ve ever known a band who needed a manager more than Samsara! With their game they’d be huge.

That's a shame, they're really good!

I hope I get to see them live sometime then.

• Like 1