Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

On 08/02/2021 at 13:16, stewblack said:

Whenever a song comes on in a book, I like to play it while I'm reading - helps create what the hip kids call an immersive experience.

Sometimes it's a corker 

One of my favourite songwriters - I have quite a few CD's of hers - but not this one - I've must have sung 7-8 of her songs at open mics. In recent years she has sounded more and more like she's "under the influence" of something - a bit like John Martyn the 3rd and last time I saw him - all the words sounded so slurred together. Her 3rd, self-titled album is one of the best albums I've heard but I like that simple singer-songwriter stuff you can do without a band.I might even have this disc but I don't remember the track. I always thought she had some great people in her live band.

• Like 1

On 08/02/2021 at 13:16, stewblack said:

Whenever a song comes on in a book, I like to play it while I'm reading - helps create what the hip kids call an immersive experience.

Sometimes it's a corker 

Good idea... when I read the book "The Rotters' Club" by Jonathon Coe it made it was set in 1970's and made a few references to the band "Hatfield and the North".

So I checked out HATN.... and discovered that the second album was called "The Rotters Club". I do like it when a book links to music.

Unfortunately on this occasion I did not become a lifelong fan of the band ☹️.

On Edit - I mean did not become a fan of HATN (not stewblacks track).... but they were OK.

Edited by Nail Soup
  • Sad 1

i was looking for an Annie Lennox live performance on UK TV that  blew me away but I can't find it - she had a long black leather coat on - it was a live acoustic with Dave Stewart presumably as Eurythmics - no idea what the song was but 87 seems to be the year a lot of videos feature that coat (it's not some coat fetish thing either!) - gave up looking for what i remember but had to have a look at the rehearsal and the live performance she did with Bowie (Under Pressure) for the Freddie Mercury tribute concert - she was a lot more committed in the rehearsal than Bowie but when you see the actual live performance both of them really bring their A-games - she had a great voice.

Edited by lemonstar
  • Like 2