Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

It's not really Bass related but I am listening to the enclosed - Michal Fix plays Bach's Toccata on a 12 string acoustic(below). I may be dreaming but it's something to aspire to -  if I could busk it, I suspect rich people who have actually heard of Bach would throw money at me.

Watch the whole video - it gets more impressive. The challenge for Bass players is what would Bach sound like on a modern bass - would it be butchered or add a whole new dimension to the classics. 

• Like 1

I feel like I need something slightly more challenging to listen to ATM - there is too much good music around these days. I remember buying albums that I found I didn't like as uch as I'd hoped but albums were so expensive and I had so few of them I made myself listen to the damn things until I liked them.

18 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

albums were so expensive and I had so few of them

We had a local independent record store right by my school, the guy who ran it was awsome. You could put an album on lay away and go listen to it on your dinner break with headphones until you paid the last 50p and carried it home triumphantly 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

Youtube favourite which I keep coming back to. 

Not well known.... but brilliant punk / power pop from 1980 Canadian band The Modernettes "Barbra".

All in 2 minutes.....and the bass player is pretty cool too!

Better than expected!

Talk about riding the root! She finally came off it in the coda. Took me back to the late '60s when I was a punk. 😎

Edited by TheMaartian
  • Like 2

Ann Peebles' album 'I can't stand the rain'. I don't know how this album has slipped me by. I've just had it on while I've been pottering and I'm now going to listen to it again while not pottering to pay it more attention. 

Beautiful voice and lovely playing from the 'Hi Records' house band, some of which were players for Stax as well. You can really hear that they also backed Al Green. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1