Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

21 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

Due to having towear specs for reading now, for a moment I thought this was a tune by someone called Nigel Hitler

Whilst not as bad, due to me being not ‘up’ on the popular beat combos of our time, I thought the band was Nigel Hitter and the track was called Shame!

But, yeah, your misunderstanding is worse!! 

On 11/01/2021 at 19:48, Nail Soup said:

Cool.... that's 3 songs I sing in my covers band. Not recently of course......... good to be reminded of them!

That, my friend, sounds like the makings of a terrific set. What else do you do?

I’ve tied myself up in knots with the Roadrunner track. I’ve convinced myself that we used to listen to a single version where, once you’d got to the end of the A-side,  you’d flip it over and the B-side would be a continuation of the track. I can’t find any confirmation of this anywhere, so can only imagine that I’m, erm, imagining it... 

Edit: Ignore that, I’ve just looked at Wikipedia... 

Edited by Old Man Riva
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Man Riva said:

That, my friend, sounds like the makings of a terrific set. What else do you do?

Basically it's Punk and New wave stuff, it includes the usual stuff like Pistols, clash, stranglers, Jam, Undertones, etc but we do include Psychokiller, Boys Don't Cry, Blister in The Sun, Goo-Goo Muck by the Cramps, Another Girl Another Planet, Boredom.

• Like 2

Had a nice sit down with a Coffee (and a Tesco's Mrs Molly's Digestive Chocolate Biscuit Bar... £1.20 for 18... Bargain! https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/300472638) and watched the Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense DVD... not seen it in a while... He's a strange one...

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nail Soup said:

I kept hearing 6Music DJs back-announcing John Cooper Clarke in the last week or two, and thinking that I didn't remember hearing a JCC record. I worked it out eventually!

Good song though!

Same here!

I thought he’d left the music behind with The Invisible Girls... turns out he had!