Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Just discovered Robert Jon and the Wreck - cracking country blues rock.  I found them via Warren Huart's Produce Like A Pro Academy as one of their tracks (Blame It On The Whiskey) was available as a full tracks download to mix yourself - really enjoying listening to the album and using it as a reference for my own mix.

https://open.spotify.com/album/4RxUU9OJtfW5J2FEANa1Aj?si=O_7N-dcVS02CZ2A9DIUIrg

Edited by DaytonaRik
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DaytonaRik said:

Just discovered Robert Jon and the Wreck - cracking country blues rock.  I found them via Warren Huart's Produce Like A Pro Academy as one of their tracks (Blame It On The Whiskey) was available as a full tracks download to mix yourself - really enjoying listening to the album and using it as a reference for my own mix.

https://open.spotify.com/album/4RxUU9OJtfW5J2FEANa1Aj?si=O_7N-dcVS02CZ2A9DIUIrg

Excellent find! Here's their YouTube channel. Tons of good tunes!

Robert Jon and the Wreck YT Channel

Here's Blame It On The Whiskey

Edited by TheMaartian

Another song I loved as a kid. This had a real other-worldliness about it. Something different going on.

I think Errol Brown was a really underrated songwriter. Can’t think of many songwriters who have a breadth of work, in terms of Top 10 singles, that can be unashamedly ‘pop’ one minute and then cover subject matter such as suicide and interracial relationships the next.

A talented guy... 

• Like 3