Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

9 minutes ago, Bunion said:

@Barking Spiders

love this duo and Joi included 

Top track there off RTJ 3👌. It's a mite irritating when people dismiss all rap with the unfunny and unoriginal 'with a silent c' comment. RTJ are one of the few current groups from any genre that take a stand against The Man

• Like 1

I've been hovering at the door for the last couple of years, but today I finally joined the jazz party. This is absolutely extraordinary. The interaction between the drummer and bass player, the two soloists and indeed the whole gang at times is a joy to behold. Looking like extras playing civil servants in a carry On Movie these guys are beyond cool. I love it.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I've been hovering at the door for the last couple of years, but today I finally joined the jazz party. This is absolutely extraordinary. The interaction between the drummer and bass player, the two soloists and indeed the whole gang at times is a joy to behold. Looking like extras playing civil servants in a carry On Movie these guys are beyond cool. I love it.

Absolutely this ^. A favourite of mine, that I’ve posted before but who cares...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Paul Desmond is one of my favourite players. On any instrument. His tone is beautiful.

If you’re diggin’ that then the recordings he did with Gerry Mulligan are well worth a listen. 

Before lockdown I was due to see Darius Brubeck (Dave’s son) at the local (Loughton) Methodist Hall. Ah well...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Old Man Riva said:

Paul Desmond is one of my favourite players. On any instrument. His tone is beautiful.

If you’re diggin’ that then the recordings he did with Gerry Mulligan are well worth a listen. 

Before lockdown I was due to see Darius Brubeck (Dave’s son) at the local (Loughton) Methodist Hall. Ah well...

If I could go back in time I'd be at one of those early 60s gigs.

Yes I mean before killing Hitler.

Priorities.