Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

14 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Astonishing, on many levels. How was this Quality Of Sound obtained without a visible mic..? Quality, with a capital 'Q'. :hi:

I've watched a couple of his videos, and in one of them you can see some form of condenser microphone just peak up in the bottom left picture of the video, as in set up in front of him towards his right side, just out of reach of the camera in this particular video. 

But yes, he does some quite amazing covers, and some quite decent originals too, more or less in the same style.

This is my favorite though, because it is also much better, in my opinion at least, than the original song.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bartelby said:

With all the other stuff I listen to I should be a fan of Current 93, but they've never clicked with me. Nurse With Wound are similar in that way too. I should love them, but I don't.

I must admit I am not equally crazy about all the music David Tibet have created either, but I do have great respect for it all, and I truly love some of it.

Have you tried listening to these Current 93 tracks? :

All The Pretty Little Horses (the version with Nick Cave on guest vocals)

Bright Dead Star

The Seahorse Rears to Oblivion (Demo 3 version)

A Gothic Love Song 

In the Heart of the Wood and What I Found There

Black Ships Ate the Sky (the song, not the album)

Which are all very different tracks, but some of my absolute favorite Current 93 tracks, in no particular order, though "Bright Dead Star" and "The Seahorse Rears to Oblivion" are some of my all time favorite tracks, not only by Current 93 but overall of all the music I listen to, and getting a little tired of "All The Pretty Little Horses", which might be the most accessible and popular Current 93 track.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

53 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

I must admit I am not equally crazy about all the music David Tibet have created either, but I do have great respect for it all, and I truly love some of it.

Have you tried listening to these Current 93 tracks? :

All The Pretty Little Horses (the version with Nick Cave on guest vocals)

Bright Dead Star

The Seahorse Rears to Oblivion (Demo 3 version)

A Gothic Love Song 

In the Heart of the Wood and What I Found There

Black Ships Ate the Sky (the song, not the album)

Which are all very different tracks, but some of my absolute favorite Current 93 tracks, in no particular order, though "Bright Dead Star" and "The Seahorse Rears to Oblivion" are some of my all time favorite tracks, not only by Current 93 but overall of all the music I listen to, and getting a little tired of "All The Pretty Little Horses", which might be the most accessible and popular Current 93 track.

I might have heard them, it's been years since I've heard any C93. I'll give those a listen to. Cheers

• Like 1

On 21/12/2020 at 01:43, lemonstar said:

Taylor Swift - Folklore - she's been honing her craft as a songwriter for a long time - this album is a bit of a surprise to me as I've not listed to any of her albums until this last week or so. Mirrorball and August are also great tracks off this album.

I think it is a very good album. Unlike the new one, which is remarkably unmemorable.

• Like 1