Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

10 hours ago, Old Man Riva said:

Another 80s club track... Saw them live a few times in Cov and Brum and they were excellent...

Been on a bit of an 80s trip down memory lane. Dug out Fabrique last week, a way underrated album. One of those 80s bands that didn't stay around that long. Here's another fine underrated group from Brum from around that time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheMaartian said:

That was SO much better than I expected. Gotta follow with the live version. Love the SG 4x6 double neck!

Glad you liked it! They brought a touch of Technicolor to the drab monochrome of the early 80s Midlands - at least for me they did!

3 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

Been on a bit of an 80s trip down memory lane. Dug out Fabrique last week, a way underrated album. One of those 80s bands that didn't stay around that long. Here's another fine underrated group from Brum from around that time.

Love that track! I can remember seeing them for the first time on The Tube... completely blown away.

There were a few left field Brummie acts at the time - Steven Tin Tin Duffy, Fashion, Swans Way, Hollywood Beyond etc.

Must have been something in the Grand Union Canal!

Used to try and jam along to this for hours as a kid. I got the cassette version of the album out of the main library in Coventry and just listened and listened on the mono player I had. 

The track was a bit of a revelation as it sounded so different, certainly to the more rockier stuff I’d listen to at the time.

All these years later and it still sounds as fresh and exciting as it it did the first time I heard it... 

• Like 2

Destroyer - absolutely terrible name that does the band no favours - no wonder no one I know has ever heard of them (largely a one man band - Dan Bejar - but he keeps denying it) - several albums are really great IMHO and hold together so well as whole albums - Kaputt has washes of synth, strange noises mixed in on top of a standard rock band sound along with sax & flute - it's a complex rich sound - so many different styles and influences - it's a summery and hazy album. It's a toss up if Kaputt or Poison Season is the better album - I'd recommend both.

Edited by lemonstar