Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Russian Circles - Memorial

https://russiancircles.bandcamp.com/album/memorial

Red Sparrows - The Fear Is Exruciating, But Therein Lies The Answer

https://redsparowes.bandcamp.com/album/the-fear-is-excruciating-but-therein-lies-the-answer

Instrumental post-rock greatness

Edited by Graham
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Graham said:

Red Sparrows - The Fear Is Exruciating, But Therein Lies The Answer

https://redsparowes.bandcamp.com/album/the-fear-is-excruciating-but-therein-lies-the-answer

Instrumental post-rock greatness

I LOVE Red Sparowes! 

Every Red Heart Shines Toward the Red Sun, is my favourite. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bartelby said:

I LOVE Red Sparowes! 

Every Red Heart Shines Toward the Red Sun, is my favourite. 

think At The Soundless Dawn is my favourite, but it varies.

I really like their bass players too, Jeff Caxide on the first record is briliant and the guy playing on Every Red Heart.... and The Fear.... is writing the parts exactly the way I'd be aiming to.

3 hours ago, Graham said:

think At The Soundless Dawn is my favourite, but it varies.

I really like their bass players too, Jeff Caxide on the first record is briliant and the guy playing on Every Red Heart.... and The Fear.... is writing the parts exactly the way I'd be aiming to.

Yeah, Jeff is pretty cool. He was mighty in Isis.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bartelby said:

Emma was also in Red Sparowes

Thanks.

I didn't know Emma was in Red Sparrowes, or even know about Red Sparrowes before..... but Emma did come up on my Youtube suggestions after listing to Red Sparrowes on Soundcloud.

Could just be based on my other listening, but wonder if the Youtube algorithm knows about soundclound listening?

4 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

Thanks.

I didn't know Emma was in Red Sparrowes, or even know about Red Sparrowes before..... but Emma did come up on my Youtube suggestions after listing to Red Sparrowes on Soundcloud.

Could just be based on my other listening, but wonder if the Youtube algorithm knows about soundclound listening?

It knows about your google search history, being part of google pan-galactic.

17 hours ago, Triumph_Rock said:

Is it me or is that slightly above concert pitch?

You could write a book on what's going on in that video. 96M views. If it was one view per sons it would be 2% of the planetary population, but I know I've watched it twice for a start.

Edited by Stub Mandrel

1 hour ago, Graham said:

@bartelby and @Nail Soup I can heartily recommend Emma Ruth Rundle's new collaboration with Thou

https://thou.bandcamp.com/album/may-our-chambers-be-full

It's like if Alanis Morissette wrote a doom album

Yes. I’ve been meaning to get that.

If you’d like to hear something akin to a psychotic version of Emma Ruth Rundle I recommend anything that involves Julie Christmas (Made Out of Babies, Battle of Mice, her solo stuff or the colab with Cult of Luna)

1 hour ago, bartelby said:

Yes. I’ve been meaning to get that.

If you’d like to hear something akin to a psychotic version of Emma Ruth Rundle I recommend anything that involves Julie Christmas (Made Out of Babies, Battle of Mice, her solo stuff or the colab with Cult of Luna)

I Love Julie Christmas - Made Out Of Babies are brilliant and Mariner could be my favourite album of all time, I even have a tattoo inspired by it 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graham said:

I Love Julie Christmas - Made Out Of Babies are brilliant and Mariner could be my favourite album of all time, I even have a tattoo inspired by it 😎

I was worried that Mariner might have been  Cult of Luna’s best, but A Dawn to Fear showed they haven’t peaked yet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Is it me or is that slightly above concert pitch?

You could write a book on what's going on in that video. 96M views. If it was one view per sons it would be 2% of the planetary population, but I know I've watched it twice for a start.

My ears aren't trained enough yet to be able to tell if it is above concert pitch! Which I take to be 440hz. 🙂 That is a big amount of views for sure!