Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Selling England by the Pound -actually enjoyed most of it - haven't heard it for a long time - I'm not saying it sounded fresh but I was surprised how relatively little of it sounded truly dated - I just listened to it on my mp3 player while out walking the dog today. Being an ELP fan originally I sometimes find Tony Banks chordal keyboard work a bit uninteresting TBH (his lead lines aren't too bad imho) but there are so many great melodies in both the music and the vocal lines and some great performance moments from PG. Even though I have the remastered recording I still find the sound quality and even the mixing a bit disappointing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lemonstar said:

Selling England by the Pound -actually enjoyed most of it - haven't heard it for a long time - I'm not saying it sounded fresh but I was surprised how relatively little of it sounded truly dated - I just listened to it on my mp3 player while out walking the dog today. Being an ELP fan originally I sometimes find Tony Banks chordal keyboard work a bit uninteresting TBH (his lead lines aren't too bad imho) but there are so many great melodies in both the music and the vocal lines and some great performance moments from PG. Even though I have the remastered recording I still find the sound quality and even the mixing a bit disappointing.

Those were good times! Gabriel's last tour with them (The Lamb) was awesome. Hackett's last tour (Wind & Wuthering) with all of those 747 landing lights pointed straight down on the stage, was blindingly good! Couldn't have been more than 3000 in the audience. Amazing concert! 

genesis-wind-and-wuthering-tour-two-alfr

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

A bit of Monty 

Wow!  Led me to this (saved to watch on my big system downstairs). Seeing the 'high' action on that double bass (normal, I know) gives me nightmares that the neck on my favorite bass just turned into a crescent moon.

Edited by TheMaartian
  • Like 1