Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

18 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

The Woodentops album "Giant", after getting a promo e-mail for their gig at local venue. Didn't know they were (still?) active. Got gig ticket, then listened to album thinking hope I still like it. I do - here's a track :

First time I've seen the Woodentops named on BC. One of the most underrated of all 80s bands. Peelie was a big supporter of them. The drumming is especially great and IMO this is one of the great 'lost'  albums. Brilliant from start to finish.

• Like 1

It doesn't get as many outings at it once did, but I am today listening to my lifetime favourite album.... Grotesque (After The Gramme) by the Fall.

Here's the opening track, the Fall at their most uncompromising - Pay Your Rates, followed by a contemporaneous single bundled onto the CD version - Totally Wired... more of a gateway drug into the Fall and featuring a cracking bassline.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Man Riva said:

Mrs Riva turned me on to this... so much about it I love!

Wow. Love this! Moving from the US to Arcachon in 6 months. Once we're able to head back to the music venues (the lucky ones still in business :( ), I hope she plays around Bordeaux. I'd love to see her live!

1 hour ago, Nail Soup said:

That is brilliant. Does Mrs Riva have another suggestion?

She’s been playing this album today - singing along to this track in particular... “read all the pamphlets and watch the tapes”.

It makes quite a nice backdrop to home working!

Edited by Old Man Riva
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TheMaartian said:

Wow. Love this! Moving from the US to Arcachon in 6 months. Once we're able to head back to the music venues (the lucky ones still in business :( ), I hope she plays around Bordeaux. I'd love to see her live!

Glad you like it! I really dig it. It feels really uplifting...

I tend to get dragged back to all the stuff I’ve been listening to for years (which is not a problem at all!) so I love it when I get turned onto something new. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Sparks for me today.  Kimono, Propaganda, Indiscreet, Big Beat.  

Was always big with my wife. She was fascinated by them when she was a kid, so when she was a young teen she used to write to them and they wrote back, so in the end she hitchhiked down the usa (from montreal) to LA to see them. So she has a pretty long term friendship with them and their original band

• Like 1