Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

40 minutes ago, stewblack said:

@Paul S That is just joyous!

Isn't it!  I like Albert Lee, seen him a couple of times in Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings and also in his own right.  He still plays at that speed even now, albeit not quite as nimbly.  But I didn't quite realise how accomplished Chas Hodges was.

Albert Lee is just wonderful - only seen him the once, standing in the shadows at a BBC In Concert recording of Richard Thomson. I could hear all this wonderful guitar work and there  was a chap with a mess of hair and big grin standing in the shadows by the amps, who looked just like Albert Lee - and and then RT announced him. Nearly 40 years ago, but a wonderful gig.

• Like 1

On 01/11/2020 at 02:36, Baloney Balderdash said:

Best version of Comfortably Numb ever!

This band really mange to add a whole new meaning to that song :

With SO many talented musicians who can't get a gig right now, I am unable to rationally explain this gig. I fart better than that.

1 hour ago, howdenspur said:

Quite a lot of this...

and a fair amount of this...

Love me some BÖC! Seen them many times. So good live. I managed to catch the 2002 show at Navy Pier in Chicago that was recorded to video. I lived in the high rise next to the Pier, so the entire trip from my condo to the venue was a 5 minute walk! I had no idea at the time the the show was going to be recorded. It's a good blu-ray to own.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheMaartian said:

Love me some BÖC! Seen them many times. So good live. I managed to catch the 2002 show at Navy Pier in Chicago that was recorded to video. I lived in the high rise next to the Pier, so the entire trip from my condo to the venue was a 5 minute walk! I had no idea at the time the the show was going to be recorded. It's a good blu-ray to own.

Ah 2002, last time I saw them - that was the Leadmill, Sheffield. Great show!

• Like 1

I've been obsessing over the second Go West line up for the last four days.  Jaz Lochries Status Series II sounds great and Alan Murphy is killing it on that Aria Pro II Esprit. 

One day I'm going to add an Esprit to my limited arsenal.  But it won't be happening any time soon.