Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

1 hour ago, bartelby said:

Frankie Goes To Hollywood:

Superb album

Agreed!

I've got it, plus Reload! Frankie: The Whole 12 Inches, and the Relax EP. 6 different versions of Relax in total. Love the mix names.

It was, of course, just called Relax on Pleasuredome. So I have:

Relax - original mix

Relax - New York mix (12" extended original mix)

Relax - Ollie J mix

Relax - Jam & Spoon Trip-O-Matic Fairy Tale mix

Relax - Jam & Spoon Hi N-R-G mix

Relax - Trip Ship Edit

That's an awful lot of mileage for one song!

I was going to post the official video of Relax, but it's very NSFW, so didn't. Easy enough to find on YouTube for those interested.

• Like 4

On 27/10/2020 at 19:58, TheMaartian said:

Agreed!

I've got it, plus Reload! Frankie: The Whole 12 Inches, and the Relax EP. 6 different versions of Relax in total. Love the mix names.

It was, of course, just called Relax on Pleasuredome. So I have:

Relax - original mix

Relax - New York mix (12" extended original mix)

Relax - Ollie J mix

Relax - Jam & Spoon Trip-O-Matic Fairy Tale mix

Relax - Jam & Spoon Hi N-R-G mix

Relax - Trip Ship Edit

That's an awful lot of mileage for one song!

I was going to post the official video of Relax, but it's very NSFW, so didn't. Easy enough to find on YouTube for those interested.

Frankie are pretty much the band of my teen years and any time I play their tunes it takes me right back. Still sounds fresh and exciting. As it happens I watched several of their TOTP appearances on YT a few days ago and it all came rushing back. Great band. Happy times.

Edited by Barking Spiders
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Barking Spiders said:

Frankie are pretty much the band of my teen years and any time I play their tunes it takes me right back. Still sounds fresh and exciting. As it happens I watched several of their TOTP appearances on YT a few days ago and it all came rushing back. Great band. Happy times.

I was a big FGTH fan at the time. For me, they were a breath of fresh air.

I thought they were a really talented bunch, but will probably be remembered (incorrectly, IMO) solely as the product of Trevor Horn, his Fairlight and array of session bods. A listen to the early demos pre ZTT/Trevor Horn/Paul Morley show the songs were there and the playing well up to scratch.

I saw them live on the Liverpool tour and to this day it’s one of the best gigs I’ve seen. And, yes, they were perfectly capable of playing their instruments!! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Old Man Riva said:

I was a big FGTH fan at the time. For me, they were a breath of fresh air.

I thought they were a really talented bunch, but will probably be remembered (incorrectly, IMO) solely as the product of Trevor Horn, his Fairlight and array of session bods. A listen to the early demos pre ZTT/Trevor Horn/Paul Morley show the songs were there and the playing well up to scratch.

I saw them live on the Liverpool tour and to this day it’s one of the best gigs I’ve seen. And, yes, they were perfectly capable of playing their instruments!! 

yes, I remember hearing the 'Relax' demo back then... I expected it to be rubbish from all the stories I heard. Yes the production was nowhere near as good, but the playing and arrangement was there. But mega-producers like Horne work how they work..... and get the results.