Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

The double album thread and the conversations around The Clash led me back to Big Audio Dynamite.

The first album sounded so fresh and exciting and had a huge affect on me at the time. It was a record to stick on before going out on the town and a record to stick on again once you were home!

I had the good fortune to see them at Leicester Poly, and needless to say they were superb live. A reminder of great times.

White Levi’s, Bond guitars and baseball caps are go..!

Edited by Old Man Riva
  • Like 2

On 08/10/2020 at 21:18, odysseus said:

Youtube algorithm served this up earlier.  What's this?... dunno...who is she?..... wait up.... hang on a minute.... THAT's Anthony Jackson and Simon Phillips in the engine room... I'll carry on watching and listening.

Holy cow! Glad I did, this is immense.  I'd never heard of Hiromi Uehara, but I have now. Insane skills and utter joy in her performance. Outstanding!

Saw Hiromi with Stanley Clarke at Ronnie Scott’s a few years back. Fantastic gig. 

The new Touche Amore record

Only recently started listening to these guys, but really enjoying them

<iframe src="https://open.spotify.com/embed/album/6fA79mAHNeBhaUnuWBADwc" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

I've been trawling through te TV recorder and watching the old stuff I never watched.

This week it's a 2009Japanese film called "Fish Story". It's about  fictional punk band in Japan in 1975 who invented punk before the Pistols.

The Films pretty good, and the I really like the music. I can't work out who made the music though. 

Here is the main/title song which recurs throughout (note: it goes punk after the intro):

Here's one more song clip:

As an added bonus the bass player in the band is the leader, song-writer etc.