Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

On 26/09/2020 at 09:46, Reggaebass said:

I’ve got that album, is that now crowded house 

No, though Keyboard player Eddie Rayner and Vocalist/Guitarist Tim Finn were once members of Crowded House. A later Split Enz' line up also included Neil Finn, who went on to form Crowded House.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pst62 said:

No, though Keyboard player Eddie Rayner and Vocalist/Guitarist Tim Finn were once members of Crowded House. A later Split Enz' line up also included Neil Finn, who went on to form Crowded House.

Thanks pst ☝️I thought there was a connection there somewhere but wasn’t sure.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheMaartian said:

There's a CD I haven't played in a LONG time!

Yep i was the same. Forgot how much i enjoyed them. Did buy the last CD that Gary wrote but album was never released until after he passed away. Pretty good album too. More modern sounding than the 70's ones.

Fantastic band tho. Wish i had seen them in 70's

Dave

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Yep i was the same. Forgot how much i enjoyed them. Did buy the last CD that Gary wrote but album was never released until after he passed away. Pretty good album too. More modern sounding than the 70's ones.

Fantastic band tho. Wish i had seen them in 70's

Dave

Here's one you may not have heard of. Twin Age. Neo prog band from Sweden. Their first release, Month Of The Year, is from '96. I won an autographed CD on a Rush fans listserv. I bought their 2nd and 3rd CDs. You'll recognize their influences. LLDOB, anyone?

Edited by TheMaartian
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TheMaartian said:

Here's one you may not have heard of. Twin Age. Neo prog band from Sweden. Their first release, Month Of The Year, is from '96. I won an autographed CD on a Rush fans listserv. I bought their 2nd and 3rd CDs. You'll recognize their influences. LLDOB, anyone?

That's good. Apart from the obvious they also reminded me of IQ.

Will look into them a bit more.

Dave

Name has cropped up on here a few times before...

Budgie - The MCA albums 3 disk box set has just landed - care of Music Magpie - Tenner, New...

Never turn ya back on a friend / In for the kill / Bandolier, that have now replaced the 'Best Of' that was on my mp3 player, and from where the compo tracks were drawn. Also got the latter Power Supply album... cracking

Load of Budgie on vinyl - but all that faff is tucked away...

I'm back in the late '90s... transported - Great Tunes!

Had never heard of this, but read about it in the biography of John Entwistle, so had a dig about the internet. It seems it was released on CD a couple of times but is now out of print and rare as hen's teeth.
Haven't listened to all of it yet, but it's interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smash_Your_Head_Against_the_Wall

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Richard R said:

Had never heard of this, but read about it in the biography of John Entwistle, so had a dig about the internet. It seems it was released on CD a couple of times but is now out of print and rare as hen's teeth.

That was good. Enjoyed that.

Dave

20 hours ago, Richard R said:

Listened to a snatch and the song ended with a familiar descending 'bor-or-ris-the-spider-dum'

🙂