Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

11 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

That first piece reminded me of this obscure classic: Athletico Spizz 80 - Clocks Are Big

I was at this eventful Siouxsie & the Banshees gig in 78 when Spizz Oil were the first support act on, Human League (they only had Being Boiled out at the time) were the main support... I won't bother repeating the details - you can see my comments about it here...

Victoria Hall Hanley - Siouxsie and the Banshees

Edited by lemonstar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Man Riva said:

Loved this back then, still excites me to hear it today...

That bass!! 

Always remember the first time I saw this on the telly (OGWT?). Thought it was amazing. 

Well, thanks to your recommendation a while back, I’m still mainly listening to Pooka and Natasha Lea Jones. Can’t get enough of either:

On 25/09/2020 at 13:47, 4000 said:

Always remember the first time I saw this on the telly (OGWT?). Thought it was amazing. 

Well, thanks to your recommendation a while back, I’m still mainly listening to Pooka and Natasha Lea Jones. Can’t get enough of either:

Yes, they were on OGWT. Remember thinking they were such a cool band. Nobody looked like Devoto! I've just Googled and watched it again!

I saw them in Coventry in '79, with a young Simple Minds supporting. I was blown away by both bands - though in those days it didn't take much!

Re. Pooka etc. I'm so pleased that you're diggin' them! I've since warmed to the second album - I still much prefer their debut, but after a few more listens the follow up has some really nice moments...

Edited by Old Man Riva
Change concert date!

39 minutes ago, paul_5 said:

An excellent soundtrack. 
 There’s a version of this on Sneaker Pimp’s first album:

https://youtu.be/peug224n77E

I actually know of this version, and while this cover actually being a fine song on it's own, I don't think it's actually a very good cover, the original, in my opinion being far superior in any way, and as far as I am concerned the trip-hop twist not really working successfully to add anything interesting, but on the contrary only obscure some of the best qualities of the original to some degree. 

Kind of for some of the same reasons that I think Johnny Cash's cover version of U2's "One" is a much greater song than the original.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash