Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

6 hours ago, ricksterphil said:

Enjoyed that - thanks for posting. It's a fantastic song and that's a pretty good cover imo.

Absolutely, especially with only one guitar player, although it is David Grissom!  Keys guy does a good job covering the other part, and the drums and bass do just fine too. Nice.

• Like 1

I borrowed the Tears For Fears Songs From The Big Chair boxset from my mate last night and spent an age earlier trying to work out how to rip Steven Wilson's 5.1 version of the album so as to be able to stream it on my network.  Ripped it to FLAC surround and just gave it a full spin.  It's a wonderful thing.

• Like 1

Perpignan's finest, The Limiñanas - "Calentita".

It grooves along like Serge Gainsbourg atop the Velvet Underground on half a microdot. And the phoned-in Spanish lady on lead vocals has the best lines: "Beba Fanta / Chupa Chups / Marijuana / Marijuana / Marijuana".

And the guy with the matching suit and record player combo? I want a job like that, please. 👍

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, meterman said:

It grooves along like Serge Gainsbourg atop the Velvet Underground on half a microdot. And the phoned-in Spanish lady on lead vocals has the best lines: "Beba Fanta / Chupa Chups / Marijuana / Marijuana / Marijuana".

And the guy with the matching suit and record player combo? I want a job like that, please. 👍

That was SO much better than I expected. Sub'd their channel. Got to send this to my French sister-in-law!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, meterman said:

19 hours ago, TheMaartian said:

That was SO much better than I expected. Sub'd their channel. Got to send this to my French sister-in-law!

Great song.... however in my case it met my already high expectations😄!

• Haha 1

Siouxsie and the Banshees 1978 debut album "The Scream". Sample track - Metal Postcard

Drummer Kenny Morris was not a technically gifted drummer like his successor (Budgie), but did come up with simple but effective but effective drum parts.... like this.

Guitarist John McKay was not such a technically gifted guitarist as his (eventual) successor (John McGeoch) but did some great stuff and had one of the all-time great guitar sounds IMO.

Of course they did great stuff with great drumming in the Budgie era too!

• Like 2

Mastodon - Remission

I was giving their latest - Emperor Of Sand - another go, but I got bored half way through and put this on instead.

Such a brilliant record, got to be one of the best debut albums out there.

I totally get them maturing, not really liking heavy music anymore and needing to pay the mortgage and pension, but I do miss the band who wrote this and Leviathan.

I've been listening to some of these sound recordings on the Nomadic Ambience YT channel - for videos around an hour you can rip the audio easily (and set the quality) using

https://youtubetomp3music.com

But for the 2,3 and 10hr videos it's easiest to download the video (I use the VideodownloadHelped browser add-on in FF) and then use VLC to strip the audio off the .MKV video file (drop me a msg if you want to know how - it's not too difficult once you've done it once) - I use it to fall asleep to. Ever since I had a radio as a teenager I've listened to something to fall asleep to (e.g. John Peel 10-midnight) - it seems weird when I can't do it like when I'm away and have forgot my mp3 player)

45 minutes ago, lemonstar said:

Ever since I had a radio as a teenager I've listened to something to fall asleep to (e.g. John Peel 10-midnight) - it seems weird when I can't do it like when I'm away and have forgot my mp3 player)

The worst thing about getting married (at least at first) was no longer being able to go to sleep listening to Mark and Lard.

• Haha 1

Thanks to Rick Beato I find myself listening to "Relaxin' with the Miles Davis Quintet". 

This might not sound particularly momentous to you, but for a man weaned on glam, woken up by punk, shaken by ska and only lately soothed by soul, it is a huge step. 

• Like 3

Listening to a 6 Music kind-of-documentory .... it's a show of the all time John Peel Festive Fifty... condensed into one hour... a clip of the music and a clip of Peel for each song. Based on a all-time FF he did in his later years.

Lots of good stuff in there (so far.. I'm about halfway) although, as Peel himself laments, a bit predictable........ but here is the opener from the show.

• Like 2