Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

15 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra - "This Gentle Hearts Like Shot Bird's Fallen"

Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra - "Blown-out Joy From Heaven's Mercied Hole"

Already loving the band name, song titles and the stills from the two videos!

Will take a listen later, but expectations are high 😉!!

• Like 1

On 30/08/2020 at 22:14, Nail Soup said:

Already loving the band name, song titles and the stills from the two videos!

They are truly a great band, one of my all time favorite bands in fact, a couple of members from "Goodspeed You! Black Emperor" started it, and it is somewhat similar, yet totally different.

Those two songs might not be the most accessible to start out with though, but you might still like them, I'll recommend "Mountains Made of Steam" and "God Bless Our Dead Marines", from, in my opinion, their best album, "Horses in the Sky".

They altered their band name several times, they started out with the name "The Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-La-La Band", and is currently going under the name "The Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra", other names they have gone by are variations on that.

Here's four of my favorite songs by them:

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

13 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

They are truly a great band, one of my all time favorite bands in fact, a a couple of member from "Goodspeed You! Black Emperor" started it, and it is somewhat similar, yet totally different.

I listened to Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra @Baloney Balderdash before bed last night... great stuff and certainly a good time of day to hear those two tracks. Will be checking out a few more of your suggestions by them.

• Like 1

While I'll admit Band On The Run and Wings Over America rank highly in my favourites, I've never really been a Beatles fan (a few songs) nor do I really know much about McCartney's output post-Beatles.

Last night I put together a playlist of everything I could find on Spotify in chronological order and I'm about ten songs in so far and the only one I know so far is Maybe I'm Amazed.

10 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

It makes other things sound good!

Must have been that 🙃

Later stuff is better. I must have bought the earlier stuff as exploring the catalogue. In the days before you could use Spotify to cheat.

Edited by Richard R
Later stuff is better...

Oh man. 

Less than a week ago, one of my bandmates decided to announce that he discovered the work of The Bevis Frond. 

He found them via Teenage Fanclub covering one of their songs. And I can see why Fannies cover them! 

All week I have been on a deep dive into their back catalogue. They seem to be a mash of lot of my favourite bands with some beautifully crafted songs. 

If anybody is into them, then please let me know. Can't believe I have lived without knowing of these guys. 

2020 is blooming great. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nothingman said:

If anybody is into them, then please let me know. Can't believe I have lived without knowing of these guys.

I'm quite partial to a bit of Frond, a friend of mine is a huge fan. We used to cover a couple of their (his ?) tunes when we were in a band together.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ahpook said:

I'm quite partial to a bit of Frond, a friend of mine is a huge fan. We used to cover a couple of their (his ?) tunes when we were in a band together.

Think we are going to try a sneaky cover tonight at practice. 

We’ve actually taken some inspiration for name ideas for our new project from a couple of the dong titles. 

Our WhatsApp group is a hive of activity today! 

1 minute ago, Nothingman said:

Think we are going to try a sneaky cover tonight at practice. 

We’ve actually taken some inspiration for name ideas for our new project from a couple of the dong titles. 

Our WhatsApp group is a hive of activity today! 

Brilliant ! What are you covering ? I'm sure my old band did a couple, but this is the one that sticks in the mind

"Pass me that paisley horsehair shirt"

Priceless :)

Edited by ahpook