Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Someone mentioned Joan Armatrading to me last night and for some strange reason this song came into my head. I have no idea why but managed to google it and find out it wasn't even Joan Armatrading. I only had the catchy line Hey Hey Hey What's Going On in my head.

• Like 1

I've been working my way through the ten CD box set  'UFO - The Complete Studio Albums 1974-1986' , really enjoying it, fabulous band, a lot of terrific songs, fantastic classic hard rock. Today was day 7 of the UFO-ATHON with a couple of listens of the 1981 album 'The Wild, The Willing And The Innocent' which contains probably my favourite UFO song 'Profession Of Violence'. Absolute bargain of Amazon UK, just over £25 for the 10 CD's !! :D 

John 😎 

The Cornell May 8th 77 recording is usually regarded as one of the best - certainly gets played a lot in my house! 

Personally, my choice is anything from 1973-4 and 1976-7. Some of the earlier recordings (I'm only talking about the live stuff, I hardly ever listen to any of the studio albums) have good music but the recordings are often not too great. For my taste, they got a bit too slick from the 80s onwards.

Best source is archive.com or relisten

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There was an album out in 1983 that I really dug at the time (it was actually a mini album - not quite EP, not quite LP!) called Snake Charmer. The band were Jah Wobble, The Edge and Holger Czukay.

It was such a diverse and oddly wonderful collection of music (only five tracks) that sounded completely different to anything else that was about at the time.

Here’s a track called Hold On To Your Dreams (featuring a very ‘house-y’ vocal from Marcella Allen!)...

Edited by Old Man Riva
  • Like 1

Listening to a lot of these guys. I was in a band a few years ago and the guitarist suggested I might like them. I couldn't get into them then, but I just happened to try again a few months ago and now I can't stop listening to their material. It's also got me back to playing a bit of bass again.

Edited by Marvin