Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

I’ve recently discovered The Petersens, primarily a bluegrass band, but they stray into mainstream, I suppose via country.

If you rely on their lineup before listening to them, it’s a bit ‘cheesy’ - 3 sisters, one brother, one friend, and Mom on double bass!  But they are seriously good vocalists and musicians, with one of the best Dobro players I’ve ever heard.

Give them a try!

When you say right now what do you mean? Right now like this immediate moment or the slight obsession right now like when you come across a band/ artist and play them on loop until you know everything about them and their sound?

What if the first right now doesn't correspond with the second? Is the second right now just a little crush and not good enough? Asking for a friend...

• Haha 1

I was listening to sly and Robbie this morning and this popped up in an advert, I’m not a rock fan (if that’s what this is) but it sounded great, at first I thought it was Nirvana- come as you are , but it’s by Ego Kill Talent, I’ve never heard of them , have a listen , what do you think 🙂

14 hours ago, Baxlin said:

I’ve recently discovered The Petersens, primarily a bluegrass band, but they stray into mainstream, I suppose via country.

If you rely on their lineup before listening to them, it’s a bit ‘cheesy’ - 3 sisters, one brother, one friend, and Mom on double bass!  But they are seriously good vocalists and musicians, with one of the best Dobro players I’ve ever heard.

Give them a try!

They come up on my Youtube feed now and then..... pretty good, and nice to have mum at the back!

Yeah, a little cheesy, but not too much!

10 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Memories of times long gone now.

Man, do I NOT miss those hair days. But, look at the Binson Echorec unit the keyboard player has! And I just bought the Pulsar Echorec VST on sale at VSTBuzz about 10 minutes ago! Very cool delay (and a bit a tube saturation) plugin! €29 instead of €99.

https://vstbuzz.com/deals/71-off-echorec-by-pulsar-audio?mc_cid=b9239a02a9&mc_eid=d5472e1595

Sound of Status - a Swedish Quo tribute who recorded an original album. In my opinion it is what Quo should have sounded like in the Just Supposin' era.

Another Swedish Quo tribute - Big Fat Mama - are following suit & recording an original album this weekend. I look forward to it.