Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

17 minutes ago, lemonstar said:

Easy to overlook Bruce Foxton's contribution in terms of vocals as well as bass to the Jam... this Smash The Clock album from 2016 is pretty easy to like.

Nice stack! Ashdown stack, that is!

Just built an Amazon Music Unlimited playlist with all of his streamable albums (5). Going to stream it through my Rumble 200 combo!

Edited by TheMaartian
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, lemonstar said:

Easy to overlook Bruce Foxton's contribution in terms of vocals as well as bass to the Jam... this Smash The Clock album from 2016 is pretty easy to like.

Yeah, his bass contribution is (rightly) well recognized, but his backing vox were great too.

This song is pretty good, prefer it to the vast majority of Weller solo material

• Like 1

Sometime in the mid nineties I used to compose theatre music for Dawn Lintern, who at the time was directing avant-garde versions of Chekhov and obscure Icelandic theatre (we had the Icelandic ambassador turn up for that one) amongst other stuff. Watching her now I am reminded of the refrain from Dylan's My Back Pages - "Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

I know his name. Gonna google. Nope not sure how i know that name. 

Nice wee song. Relaxing. I can see my wife's foot tapping as its being played  :lol: 

Dave

Nice one dave, if you’re wife likes that, she might like Gregory isaacs, most of his songs are pretty laid back 🙂

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Nice one dave, if you’re wife likes that, she might like Gregory isaacs, most of his songs are pretty laid back 🙂

I'll have a wee look on Youtube in morning. Bed time for me. Spent few hrs last night watching the lightning storms all around me. Best in 15 years. Wee bit tired tonight tho. I'm getting too old for late nights :laugh1:

Dave

• Like 1

On YouTube, Candyrat Records, Yasmin Williams (found her on WNYC Studios / podcasts), Yvette Young (Covet) Tosin Abasi (Animals as Leaders) and, suprising (to me) Nirvana. I watched one of Rick Beato's "What Makes This Song Great?" and realized if I hadn't been heavy in my alcoholism, I would have liked these guys. The rest listed are doing interesting/incredible stuff with fingers on strings.( I DO play the Chapman Stick)

9 minutes ago, IdrinkHeineken said:

Stryper Isaiah 53:5. The Yellow And The Black Attack!

And we're here to say that you can have salvation too.

You'll see the light someday.  I'll say Jesus says the way.

You know what to do.  Yes, you do.

Loving you.  Loving you.  Loving you.

We're here to rock for you and rock is what we'll do.

Co'mon and help us rock the land.

Co'mon!  Rock!  Rock!  Rock!  Co'mon!  Never stop!

Cheers!

Firefox_Screenshot_2020-08-09T16-34-20.762Z.png

Jesus! Wanna lay off the Heineken?!?

• Haha 1