Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

57 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

My tinnitus, as always. :(

(Note to others : Obtain and wear adequate ear protection if/when exposed to loud music for any length of time...)

Hearing good things (excuse the pun) about those Flair Audio Calmers reducing the effects of tinnitus. At £20 might be worth a punt @Dad3353. My tinnitus isn't bad enough to worry about at the moment.

Dave

41 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

;;;Flair Audio Calmers reducing the effects of tinnitus. At £20 might be worth a punt...

Thanks for the nice thought, but it's far too late for me, even if they do what they say. My 'sounds' are not audio, they are internal, so even with my ears completely muffled and isolated from outside stimuli, the whistling, buzzing, twittering 'sounds' are still there, from dawn till dusk, and cannot be reduced. There's no cure, and no relief; that's all there is to it. The more folks realise what permanent effect it has, the more they'll protect their ears (with the added bonus of hearing better and for longer their favourite sounds, be they music, or voices, or Nature...).
I have an expression that I use often, and applies, unfortunately, only too well in this case...

'It's the first forty years that are the hardest, after which things sometimes tend to get slightly better.' :(

• Like 1

On 06/08/2020 at 17:49, Barking Spiders said:

Still in Country land but shifting from chickin pickin  guitar wizards to banjo maestros, which features some stellar players from the genre and Steve Martin no less

Well that's a bit of country I can appreciate, but I do feel sorry for the bass player and dummer...

On 15/07/2020 at 20:25, meterman said:

That's wonderful. 

God, I love Greece. I would already be living there if Mrs Meterman was up for it. 

Me too. In fact at the moment it’s quite painful being reminded of it, especially as I haven’t been able to go since 2013!