Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

11 hours ago, odysseus said:

Well... I've never heard anything quite like this before.  Outstanding! 

I saw Dahka Brakha last year at Earth in  Hackney. Absolutely fantastic, one of the best gigs I've ever been to, no question.

I'd never heard of them, and got linked to a video on you tube (it was either this one or maybe a TinyDesk concert or similar).

So impressed that on the off chance I googled for gigs.... and as luck had it, they were making a rare UK appearance in about two weeks.

At the gig, I started chatting to the guy sitting next to me, and he said he'd been waiting a couple of years to see them. I told him about my two-week journey with the band!

You may remember a day in the UK last year when it was so hot that trains were cancelled etc ... that was the day of the gig.

Bit of a struggle getting there and home. And despite the heat, they wore the hats throughout 😀!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BreadBin said:

Need Your Love So Bad, by Fleetwood Mac.

On 6music right now. Just sublime.

A few weeks ago, after several decades of havering, I finally bought a copy of rumours (I realise it's effectively a completely different band).

I was surprised to discover 2 or 3 songs I didn't recognise.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BreadBin said:

Need Your Love So Bad, by Fleetwood Mac.

On 6music right now. Just sublime.

Unfortunately due to Peter Greens demise, that has being playing a lot. I really dislike that song quite a bit. It is in our setlist, I always dread it coming up.

1 minute ago, Woodinblack said:

Unfortunately due to Peter Greens demise, that has being playing a lot. I really dislike that song quite a bit. It is in our setlist, I always dread it coming up.

It's not one for the bass player, I'll grant you 👍 

He was an amazing guitar player though, so much feel.