Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

801 Live https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/801_Live

Just arrived from Amazon...

More Manzanera Project stuff... (Roxy musos and something to do in their down time...)

Manzanera / Eno / Simon Phillips / Bill MacCormick

'76 experimental work - Live - with an 'Out There...' vibe...

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 1

From the great bass playing on a live album thread, I got the RHCP Live at Hyde Park album; it's superb, loads of hits from the By The Way era, the bass mixed well (which it's not always with the Chilis live sets) and great improvisation and playing off each other.

Having that on in the car this morning set me up nicely for the day.

I've watched this clip probably hundreds of times and always thought Tom Jones should have gone to Laurel Canyon instead of Vegas.

Superb live band with Stills on Hammond, Dallas Taylor killing it on drums and Greg Reeves' deep bass grooves. The look on David Crosby's face when Tom starts singing is great, and Neil Young's guitar fills are spot on. Love it 😎

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Graham said:

From the great bass playing on a live album thread, I got the RHCP Live at Hyde Park album; it's superb, loads of hits from the By The Way era, the bass mixed well (which it's not always with the Chilis live sets) and great improvisation and playing off each other.

Having that on in the car this morning set me up nicely for the day.

Where is that album available? I don't see it on Amazon.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Ah, there it is on Amazon US. Ordered. I checked my Amazon Unlimited account, and it wasn't available, hence my question. It's like ZZ Top's Deguello CD. Not available digitally. Bummer. Empty spot in the middle of the ZZ Top playlist.

Oh, well. It's not like I have a problem buying CDs. I have several thousand. Lost ALL of my LPs (100s) in a flood. Broke my heart.

17 hours ago, meterman said:

I've watched this clip probably hundreds of times and always thought Tom Jones should have gone to Laurel Canyon instead of Vegas.

Superb live band with Stills on Hammond, Dallas Taylor killing it on drums and Greg Reeves' deep bass grooves. The look on David Crosby's face when Tom starts singing is great, and Neil Young's guitar fills are spot on. Love it 😎

If ever there was a case that musicians should be heard but not seen, that is it! Fantastic song, great performance, but Neil Young's constipation and Stephen Stills' tie - aaarrrghh!!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, meterman said:

That’s wonderful, that. 

Has a proper air of magic to it.

I think Steven Stills is channeling his inner Steve Marriott...

Edited by Old Man Riva
  • Like 1

On 11/07/2020 at 17:34, yorks5stringer said:

The new Margo Price 'Thats how rumours get started' with Pino on Bass and James Gadson on Drums. here's a sample with her touring band.

She’s come a long way since The Good Life, Keith...

• Haha 1

On 13/07/2020 at 14:47, meterman said:

Thought I'd seen most of the great Tom Jones clips - Janis Joplin is a good one, but this is new to me and an absolute corker!

• Like 1