Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

I came across this video of a couple guys playing Isn’t she lovely by a guy called Steven Wonder I think his name was..so that’s what I was just listening to! 🤠 The bass is excellent 👌

here’s a link to it if you guys want to check it out 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Swaffle88 said:

I came across this video of a couple guys playing Isn’t she lovely by a guy called Steven Wonder I think his name was..so that’s what I was just listening to! 🤠 The bass is excellent 👌

Nice. I assume they might have been watching Victor and his looper pedal:

8 hours ago, steantval said:

Heard this great track from Budgie the other day.

It really made me think what an amazing voice Burke Shelley has, being Welsh his phrasing and tone is very similar to Shirley Bassey on the melodic stuff.

+1. Budgie never really registered with me back in the day. Heard them on an OGWT rerun a few years ago. He was a really strong singing bassist. Gather sadly that he has really severe health problems nowadays.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JottoSW1 said:

+1. Budgie never really registered with me back in the day. Heard them on an OGWT rerun a few years ago. He was a really strong singing bassist. Gather sadly that he has really severe health problems nowadays.

My older brother was into them and altho i liked some of their songs in 70's i wasn't a huge fan but as i got into Rush i started to listen more to them and bought more of their albums. Some i bought again on CD.

I really like his melodic songs. An amazing voice instantly recognisable IMO. Shame they were never more famous or successful.

Dave

15 hours ago, steantval said:

Heard this great track from Budgie the other day.

It really made me think what an amazing voice Burke Shelley has, being Welsh his phrasing and tone is very similar to Shirley Bassey on the melodic stuff.

I’d never heard of Budgie before you posted this link, kinda reminds me a bit of iron maiden.

Its not my taste at the moment, maybe a few years back when I was more into that style.

Though saying that I do still appreciate it so I’ll check some of their other tracks out 👌

..also the album art is cool 😄

Edited by Swaffle88

57 minutes ago, Swaffle88 said:

I’d never heard of Budgie before you posted this link, kinda reminds me a bit of iron maiden.

Its not my taste at the moment, maybe a few years back when I was more into that style.

Though saying that I do still appreciate it so I’ll check some of their other tracks out 👌

If you haven't heard of Budgie might be worth doing a quick Google read on them. Its claimed they were the start of heavy metal and many bands including Iron Maiden state Budgie as one of their main influences.

Apologies if you already know about them.

Dave

23 hours ago, Swaffle88 said:

Looked it up on Ultimate guitar.

How does someone get 32 votes and 4.5 star average with:

"Originally tab of this song is too hard to be tabbed so I made a easy version :)"

:facepalm:

13 hours ago, Swaffle88 said:

Most of their album covers were done by the famous Roger Dean, he did some brilliant album artwork for several bands.