Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

1 hour ago, Richard R said:

No results were found for  "gary numan"

😞

Not the first time I've struggled with these online sales.

@kevin_lindsay @TheMaartian @Stub Mandrel

Seeing as it got mentioned here I've also listened to that Numan Savage album - it's dystopian as I'd expect but it hangs together like a film score - quite surprised and impressed with it - even if his vocals have been tapered with (and I don't know how much) they sound pretty good to me. I was more of a John Foxx fan tbh but this is a strong album. I saw him (+full band) with his daughter (on TV) singing a while back - I reckon this might have been the album he was playing from. 

I've picked up more ideas for great music to listen to on this forum than anywhere else I can think of.

Edited by lemonstar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Richard R said:

I tried again from scratch. Went to Ticketmaster, searched on Drive in, then filtered by city, and he was on the second page. Try that route.

Screenshot below to prove that I'm not making this all up.

Screenshot_20200702-180123_Chrome.jpg

Cripes £84, perhaps if I find someone to go with...

Just a thought with 'drive in' concerts, and films, do they charge per car or per person? I'm guessing it'll be per person for maximum profit, but an individual in one car takes up the same amount of space as the five in the car next to them. 

4 minutes ago, Maude said:

Just a thought with 'drive in' concerts, and films, do they charge per car or per person? I'm guessing it'll be per person for maximum profit, but an individual in one car takes up the same amount of space as the five in the car next to them. 

Looks like a minimum charge for two (£84)

Mott The Hoople.  None of the really early stuff, so kicking things off from 1972s All The Young Dudes and I'll go through the post-Hunter Mott albums (Drive On/Shouting & Pointing) and then swing back to the 2009/13 live albums.  That's me set for the day.  Might watch the documentary tonight too.

12 minutes ago, JottoSW1 said:

One of a Kind - Bill Bruford. The excellent Jeff Berlin on Bass

Brilliant album. I was lucky enough to have seen Jeff Berlin with John McLaughlan in 80's

Check out Bilbo's tab page on Basschat where you'll find a lot of the bass lines written out for you.

Dave

3 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

Keeping my spirits up against the onslaught of moody/angsty female teens with this cracking live version of Burning Down The House. I've already played it 5 times today it's so uplifting!

Always good to see a band having fun. Love teh guitarist synching his bouncing with the backing singers.

5 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

Keeping my spirits up against the onslaught of moody/angsty female teens with this cracking live version of Burning Down The House. I've already played it 5 times today it's so uplifting!

They really were excellent at this time, I'm guessing you know about this? Filmed on the same tour 👍

• Like 2