Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

18 hours ago, kevin_lindsay said:

Propaganda - "A Secret Wish" album is currently providing the soundtrack to my Saturday afternoon. 

Love this album. I've bought it at least a dozen times over the years. 

It's definitely among my all time top 10 albums and I've also bought it several times in different formats and versions. Currently have the 25th anniversary double CD album and like disc 2 as much as the original.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

x93SDBh.gif

Not least for the memory required to keep all that on track..! Sublime technique.
Disclaimer : I'm not a fan of 'showman' technique in general, but that ^^ really is excellent.

It's just an amazingly great piece of music period, regardless of the amazing technical level it also displays. 

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

While Victor Wooten is one of my absolute favorite bass players, but while I am not into a lot of his music, but still really dig his bass playing on that music, this particular piece is just beautifully amazing on every possible level:

Those EMG TV recordings have some great stuff on

Eg. 

Edited by BreadBin
  • Like 1

Prefab Sprout on shuffle. Currently “Faron Young” from the “Steve McQueen” album. Perfect for chilling on a Saturday cooking a nice stir fry for lunch... not listened to the band for ages. The 9 year old thinks their name is hilarious!

• Like 1

Listening to this a lot of times at the moment........

Someone asked on a facebook group I'm in for some Kimya Dawson covers and seeing as I like Kimya and her former band the Moldy Peaches I optomistically said "yes, me, I'll do it!" and put my name down for this song.

I am now struggling to make a decent job of the cover :sad:.... but I'll persevere!

But still, a good song by Kimya!

• Like 1

On 20/06/2020 at 12:19, Frank Blank said:

I think my second favourite album of all time after Metal Box...

B1B700EC-9B58-4E54-8A5C-DEF581F51EE4.jpeg

I don't know the whole album, but the tracks I have heard are great and I aim to check out the whole thing.

BBC 6 Music did a 2 hour show on Sparks a couple of weeks ago - including discussion from Ron and Russel. It covered their whole career.... I must say that only a handful artists have  maintained such a high and varied standard over such a long period. It's available to listen to for a few more days:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000jsw3

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

I don't know the whole album, but the tracks I have heard are great and I aim to check out the whole thing.

BBC 6 Music did a 2 hour show on Sparks a couple of weeks ago - including discussion from Ron and Russel. It covered their whole career.... I must say that only a handful artists have  maintained such a high and varied standard over such a long period. It's available to listen to for a few more days:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000jsw3

Thanks for that.

Sparks aren't really my kind of music, but are always intelligent and articulate, so that will be worth listening to. And it lead me to the link with all the available episodes on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00zw9nx/episodes/player

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

Listening to this a lot of times at the moment........

Someone asked on a facebook group I'm in for some Kimya Dawson covers and seeing as I like Kimya and her former band the Moldy Peaches I optomistically said "yes, me, I'll do it!" and put my name down for this song.

I am now struggling to make a decent job of the cover :sad:.... but I'll persevere!

But still, a good song by Kimya!

That will be buzzing in my head all day now.  By 6pm I may either have listened to the rest of her output or be cursing you. Or both.

Thanks, I think...  😉

• Like 1