Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

1 hour ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

With what might be my absolute number one favorite guitarist Bill Frisell, though Skúli Sverrisson's bass here is fabulous too:

Skúli is brilliant , saw him playing with Allan Holdsworth @ Brentford Watermans many moons ago. There's a probable urban myth about him clashing with Bjork when he was producing the Sugarcubes !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kevin_lindsay said:

My ex band mate David King is on guitar with them. Their new album is released in a couple of weeks time (the track I posted is on it). 

I youtubed it to see the preview VID and it sounds good. Singer has a really good voice. Very distinctive and suits the music.

Dave 

11 minutes ago, kevin_lindsay said:

My ex band mate David King is on guitar with them. Their new album is released in a couple of weeks time (the track I posted is on it). 

What band are you with Kevin. I'm originally from Motherwell and might know the band.

Dave

David and I played in a band called Downtown Loft together. David has also played with Hamish Stuart (Average White Band, Paul McCartney, etc.), Glen Tilbrook (Squeeze), and others. I've played with Tom Jones, Chris Rea, Craig Armstrong, amongst others. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, kevin_lindsay said:

David and I played in a band called Downtown Loft together. David has also played with Hamish Stuart (Average White Band, Paul McCartney, etc.), Glen Tilbrook (Squeeze), and others. I've played with Tom Jones, Chris Rea, Craig Armstrong, amongst others. 

I'm guessing you are playing professionally rather than a hobby band. 

47 minutes ago, kevin_lindsay said:

At present I'm an enthusiastic hobbyist!!! Hahaha. Some of my friends are doing it full time (Paul Turner - Jamiroquai, Pino Palladino - everyone!!, Guy Pratt - David Gilmour, Pink Floyd, etc) 

You have an impressive selection of friends Kevin. Nice one. You mst be pretty good to get to that level.

Dave