Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

On 07/06/2020 at 22:11, ead said:

Just discovered YYNOT.  Aside from doing pretty decent Rush covers they have a couple of CDs of original material.  CLearly influenced by Rush but a good listen.  Great bass tone too.

The bass player is well known on Youtube for doing bass reviews many of them relating to Rush of course but he is a phenomenal player who does pull some really fun faces while playing.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

Just got the latest Jason Isbell recording 'Reunions'. Also got into Margo Price with  'Midwest Farmers Daughter' and 'All American Made'. Country with a conscience and both with some back story!.

That Margo Price record is great, I listened to it on a whim because I liked the title

17 hours ago, JottoSW1 said:

The new Go Go Penguin Album

I'd forgotten that was out, will cue it up next 

• Like 1

On 09/06/2020 at 12:09, dmccombe7 said:

The bass player is well known on Youtube for doing bass reviews many of them relating to Rush of course but he is a phenomenal player who does pull some really fun faces while playing.

Messaged Tim a few times about his set up and he did take the the time to reply 👍  endorsed by Tech 21 & recently started working for them. His other bands called Funpipe mostly covers but damned good...cracking bass player

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Just played along to Faith Healer by the Sensational Alex Harvey Band. Great stuff.

Uncanny, I was noodling along to that only this week! Tried to emulate the D synth note by fretting the note and not plucking it (so ‘bouncing/pulsing’ the note on/off the fretboard?!) - the hours flew by!

I remember hearing Boston Tea Party on the radio when it came out and the bass line really came through on the mono radio.

Such a good band, and the real deal in terms of offering something totally different. Both the band and Zal Cleminson as a guitarist are so often overlooked.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Old Man Riva said:

Tried to emulate the D synth note by fretting the note and not plucking it (so ‘bouncing/pulsing’ the note on/off the fretboard?!) - the hours flew by!

I kept my little finger on the string near the bridge to damp it, needs something like slow phase or chorus too 🙂

25 minutes ago, JottoSW1 said:

Got the download am waiting for the CD. It's a bit "busy" but I really like it, their playing is as impressive as ever 

I was a little underwhelmed by it, preferred A Humdrum Star

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Saw STP exactly a year ago in the o2 Forum in Kentish Town. Great gig. Loved it. Miss going to gigs 😭

Was there too. Great band, and for me the 'new' singer admirably walked the fine line between respecting Scott's legacy and putting his own mark on the band.

• Like 2