Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

13 minutes ago, TheMaartian said:

Same here. I missed it by 87 minutes. At least the replay posted straight away! 😎

Ditto. He is amazing, hasn’t changed in look, voice or talent in decades. Amnesia and Rumour & Sigh still do it for me.

I mentioned this on the cycling thread but if you don't cycle......................

I am spending time on a turbo trainer rather than venturing out on my bike during lock down.  Sitting on the bike spinning the cranks in my back yard is mind numbing so I've been listening to some classic Motown/Stax and Atlantic soul through headphones.  I'm now realising what a great bass player James Jamerson was.  Trying to keep up with his bass riffs on the Motown tracks has inflicted great pain on my poor old legs!  The Four Tops, Supremes, Stevie Wonder etc. are great tracks to keep fit to - or in my case collapse to!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

Today?  It feels like a day for Public Service Broadcasting.  I have a complete playlist on Spotify, so theat'll take care of the morning at least.  I may try and listen to the Proms show this afternoon:

An excellent and underrated act. Good live too. 

At the moment I'm working so have got 76:14 by Global Communication providing a nice backdrop

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

An excellent and underrated act. Good live too. 

At the moment I'm working so have got 76:14 by Global Communication providing a nice backdrop

Seen them a handful of times, really stuns me that I know so little about them.  I've never been so moved at a gig either, felt quite tearful at the end of the Hammersmith show when they were touring Every Valley and they assembled a collery choir at the end.  Quite beautiful.

9 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

Seen them a handful of times, really stuns me that I know so little about them.  I've never been so moved at a gig either, felt quite tearful at the end of the Hammersmith show when they were touring Every Valley and they assembled a collery choir at the end.  Quite beautiful.

Playing the Race for Space album plus other older work at Brixton Academy a few years ago was probably the most stunning live show I've ever seen. Will have to watch the DVD one evening.

26 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Supper's Ready.

And I'm proud of it so there!

I'm with you on that. Great album.

I actually prefer the Seconds Out version mainly because i heard it first. Seconds Out is my fav era Genesis

Great choice tho. I actually bought Foxtrot and Nursery Cryme as a double album box set in vinyl must have been late 70's

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NancyJohnson said:

When you're going through their back catalogue, don't forget the first class The War Room EP. Yep, live they always deliver. Very good at festivals.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

When you're going through their back catalogue, don't forget the first class The War Room EP. Yep, live they always deliver. Very good at festivals.

My old vocalist put me onto them...he saw them (I think at The Roundhouse?) shortly after the first album came out so that would have been 2013-ish.  I remember hearing Signal 30 when I first listened to Inform Educate Entertain and I knew the song, so must have heard it at some point.  It's all good though.

22 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

I think the War Room EP was the best one they did. Not that keen on the 10 remixes of the same song ones!

Would certainly like to see them live.