Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

9 hours ago, steantval said:

Crowded House lockdown, just beautiful ❤️

Nice tune, many years ago I bought an album by split enz which I think used to be something to do with crowded house, I like this too,

Foolish nostalgia somehow led me, some thirty one years later, to rewatch Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure. Apart from the “...and I’m the Duke of Ted” line that still raised a chuckle, it was thin and dreadful, one might say bogus. However I did recognise the opening music and a quick Shazam revealed it to be Australian pop/funk/rock band Big Pig. I quite liked their first album Bonk, which, unlike B&Ts EA, is still sounding ok...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

Foolish nostalgia somehow led me, some thirty one years later, to rewatch Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure

Schwing!

My one rather feeble attempt at a home produced solo album* went by the name of 'Full On Robot Chubby'.

I think 'Limp Biscuit'; might have been a more apt choice 🤣

*OK, tape of songs I recorded on my four track with add ins from my brother... but I did get a mate to digitise it for CD (advanced tech back in 1996!)

• Haha 1

Having a listen to an EP i was asked to do basslines for 2yrs ago. It was never finished but sound engineer sent me the studio tracks he had. Apparently the singer / writer fell out with the studio and never finished them.

Singer later asked if i was ok with her keeping the basslines which was fine by me but looks like she didn't complete them.

This was one of those jobs where you turn up, have a listen to the basic songs and play a bassline from scratch kinda thing. Quick discussion about what they were looking for in the songs and i played thru what i thought would work and agreed to go for it.

Please note that the final mix was never completed. I believe she wanted some extra harmonies, guitar and keys to be added.

Quite enjoyed the experience as its not my usual style of music.

Dave

1 - Donald Put Down That Gun.mp3

3 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Having a listen to an EP i was asked to do basslines for 2yrs ago. It was never finished but sound engineer sent me the studio tracks he had. Apparently the singer / writer fell out with the studio and never finished them.

Singer later asked if i was ok with her keeping the basslines which was fine by me but looks like she didn't complete them.

This was one of those jobs where you turn up, have a listen to the basic songs and play a bassline from scratch kinda thing. Quick discussion about what they were looking for in the songs and i played thru what i thought would work and agreed to go for it.

Please note that the final mix was never completed. I believe she wanted some extra harmonies, guitar and keys to be added.

Quite enjoyed the experience as its not my usual style of music.

Dave

1 - Donald Put Down That Gun.mp3 9.66 MB · 1 download

Sounds pretty professional. Reminds me of rolling in the deep, not really my sort of music but Jools Holland would go for it.

2 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Sounds pretty professional. Reminds me of rolling in the deep, not really my sort of music but Jools Holland would go for it.

Think she was a fan of a band called Portishead ? I don't really know them that well but i was curious so had a quick listen to them and i could hear the similarities in styles.

I def enjoyed it. Not bad for a walk in and play and home again after a couple of hrs work.

Dave

• Like 1

If you need a lockdown lift, this really is ace. Rich Hall doing his song 'Working Dog'.
Found it on the BBC documentary he did about country - he ends up hawking this song around various name players and bands. Ends up with Asleep at the Wheel - and he tells them "Don't think like a musician, think like a border collie."

• Like 2

Birthday CD time - first up Kiwanuka. Lovely stuff. Wasn't convinced by the single when I heard it on the radio late last year, but it grew on me, and the production and musical motifs really work in album form.

3 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

Birthday CD time - first up Kiwanuka. Lovely stuff. Wasn't convinced by the single when I heard it on the radio late last year, but it grew on me, and the production and musical motifs really work in album form.

Your birthday today. ?

Many happy returns and have a great day. 🎂

Dave

• Like 1