Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Yep think that's why my we hand was aching trying to learn it. Was using this but not sure its 100% accurate but its a good guideline. Obviously his live version has variations.

Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick Bass by Ian Dury and the Blockheadstabs @ Ultimate Guitar Archive.pdf

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 1

'The Complete Raunch 'n Roll, Live' by Black Oak Arkansas.  I saw them supporting Black Sabbath when Sabbath were touring Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, one of the bext value for money gigs I've ever been to - awesome!  I saw them a few times afterwards too and still love the music.  To this day I think Pat Doherty (bass) and Tommy Aldridge (drums) worked so well together.

In the car I've had Jimi at the Fillmore East - Band of Gypsies on for weeks, if not months.

Apart from that I'm listneing to and learning the songs by the originals band I joined the week before lockdown.
Another shameless plug here 😁  https://rattlesnakesister.bandcamp.com/

I've listened to this Jonn Serrie album (Sunday Morning) hundreds of times either as part of my falling asleep routine or when needing to concentrate when working for long periods of time without distraction - it's dreamy electronic music that really doesn't invade your headpace or vie for your attention if you keep it at a low-ish volume. The whole album is great imho - probably my favourite of his.

• Like 1

I very rarely, if ever, just listen to music. I play CDs and computer files of music all the time, but I always have to reach for the nearest bass and try to play along. So I enjoyed a few minutes of playing along to Caravan, I can't think how many decades have passed since I last did that!

Edited by FinnDave
  • Like 3