Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

There is a time in every man's life, a couple of decades after he has put Radio 1 aside, when he has to make a big decision that will set the pattern of his life thereafter.

Planet Rock or Radio 2?

You mean there are radio stations other than Radio 4??

5 hours ago, TheMaartian said:

Then might I offer this up for your listening pleasure? Return To Forever's 30th anniversary tour. I was most fortunate to catch this live down in Phoenix. IIRC, their performance at the Montreux Jazz Festival (18 July 2008) is available on Blu-ray. Here's the show from San Sebastian, Spain a week later. Stanley Clarke's extended acoustic and electric bass solo is wonderful. I was 10 rows back and had an excellent view of his hands. I'm not even that good in my dreams!

EDIT: The bass solo included here is half of what I saw/heard. Still excellent, but a shame that the full solo wasn't committed to tape.

Love RTF, my favourite fusion band. Thanks!

10 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

There is a time in every man's life, a couple of decades after he has put Radio 1 aside, when he has to make a big decision that will set the pattern of his life thereafter.

Planet Rock or Radio 2?

6music.

13 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I remember my mum listening to Doris day she had a magical voice, and I think Karen carpenter also did.

Doris Day, Karen Carpenter, Haircut 100 - you have some absolutely top drawer guilty pleasures, and I salute you for them 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Reggaebass said:

My secret’s out now 😂

Don't worry - MoR is much maligned, but there's some wonderful music to be had in the genre. Bacharach & David, Dusty Springfield.  Mind you, I am a sucker for arrangements, and it seems that's where all the best ones are.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

No... it's too much for me. You'll be enjoying Elaine Page's music from the shows next, no doubt with a glass of prosecco. I need some music with character...

Bit of an unfair stereotype there, but I'll take it as the fun it was meant to be. Plenty of character in all music - guitar solo in Carpenters Goodbye to Love, America from West Side Story, Dionne Warwick's voice to name but three. 

Oh, and  it was Guinness or 14.5% Shiraz (probably why I don't drink anymore 😀)

• Like 1

Long Distance - The Best of Runrig. I always forget how much I really like this band. I saw them back a few years and they were beyond impressive. You can hear so many other Scottish bands in their sound.

• Like 1

A band called The Mayan Factor. I'd never heard of them until I was listening to Pucifer on Spotify and clicked on the 'other people like' tab. Great discovery! I know little about them other than they're from the US. 

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Funeral At The Movies/Ten Spot

I'm not massively familiar with them, but like this album and The Pony Express Record

They didn't really find their way until Get Your Goat.  PXR is great, in my top five, I think the addition of Nathan Larson was a godsend, just gave them a different dynamic.  I have a brace of other stuff. 

• Thanks 1

On 04/04/2020 at 23:32, Richard R said:

You mean there are radio stations other than Radio 4??

Check this out. A friend sent me this link. (It is safe. I'm using it right now).

"Open the following link. You will see the entire earth. There are numerous green spots around the earth. These green dots are local radio stations. Touch the green dot and play the local radio station. It is overwhelming. You can listen to any radio station in the world!
Some stations are too good.

http://radio.garden/live
Technology gone beyond imagination!!!"

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

They didn't really find their way until Get Your Goat.  PXR is great, in my top five, I think the addition of Nathan Larson was a godsend, just gave them a different dynamic.  I have a brace of other stuff. 

Thanks, will give that a listen once this Jawbreaker record finishes