Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

just got the new Therapy? album - Greatest Hits (Abbey Road Sessions)

They've re-recorded all the singles from when they used to be well known to the general public (so, finishing on their last A&M album from 1998) - fair play, they've stuck to "greatest hits" rather than trying to slip in anything from a later period.  It's not bad, but missing some of the p#ss and vinegar of the original recordings, and certainly missing the snare drum crack of Fyfe Ewings' original drums.  It's a good exercise and well done for not simply re-releasing the old tracks, but in all honesty I can't see myself choosing to listen to those versions over the originals.  And perhaps a shame that they haven't put out a new album of originals given how excellent their recent output has been.

Of more interest is the Unofficial Bootleg bonus CD, a collection of live recordings of more obscure tracks from assorted dates and of assorted qualify from the length of their career.  I think that one will get played more frequently

As im in my cave, building a model plane . . . . . . Radio Caroline Flashback

and if 'alexa' is asked for 'bass up' you can enjoy the old Motown bass lines ! 

Edited by RobF
  • Like 1

Great video on the Hawkwind Facebook group from Dave Brock explaining a 'rough' of a new song about coronavirus!

Other members will be donating parts remotely but poor Richard Chadwick can't play his drums as they are in isolation in Brock's shed/home studio.

Dave also promises podcasts about his theremin and other gear and to do some guitar lesson podcasts for self isolaters.

Meanwhile Niall Hone has released an EP on Bandcamp:

https://lordsofform.bandcamp.com/