Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Just bumped into this, the name is new to me.   From 1969 - I'd just started playing bass then, and I wish someone had played this to me at the time and then left me to work out the bass line note for note.  Might have saved me years of false pathways and wasted effort in the long run !  :scratch_one-s_head:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, musicbassman said:

Just bumped into this, the name is new to me.   From 1969 - I'd just started playing bass then, and I wish someone had played this to me at the time and then left me to work out the bass line note for note.  Might have saved me years of false pathways and wasted effort in the long run !  :scratch_one-s_head:

Cool... Hot Wax (and Invictus) record labels -- Started by Holland/Dozier/Holland after they left Motown. 👍

• Like 1

I'm learning a set for Tuesday. 

I am. listening to two tunes I'd not heard before. Grace Kelly by Mika and Take your daughter to the slaughter by iron maiden. 

The first is great fun, a cleverly constructed pop song. They  should go far. The second one is not very good at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/02/2020 at 18:34, Cosmo Valdemar said:

Kayak -  Dutch 70s prog band that I discovered via the Cardiacs group on Facebook.

@4000 will feel very comfortable with the bass tone...

LOVE me some Kayak! Fantastic band....

• Like 1

Just now, musicbassman said:

Carolina Eyck is unparalleled in her mastery of the Theremin, here she is playing a Messiaen piece with bassist Philipp Martin.

Uncanny parallels with Johnny Greenwood's 'Moon Trills' , by the way.

I love her theramin stuff. I was almost tempted to get one based on the stuff she did, then I realised that I would sound more like a couple of cats fighting!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, musicbassman said:

Carolina Eyck is unparalleled in her mastery of the Theremin, here she is playing a Messiaen piece with bassist Philipp Martin.

Uncanny parallels with Johnny Greenwood's 'Moon Trills' , by the way.

Cool. Have seen the crazy Turangalila Symphony Live a few times. The great Anthony Jackson's a massive Messiaen fan  too.