Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

23 hours ago, DoubleOhStephan said:

Nice bit of Portishead

I did some studio work on an EP last year for a girl and that was the sound she was trying to achieve. I never met her to be honest but the producer mentioned it to me.

It was a case of turn up at studio, listen to her basic vocal and acoustic guitar and make a start from there. Drum and main vocal had been done with a basic backing track consisting of acoustic guitar and keys to give us something to work with.

Was quite chuffed with the bass lines i came up with. One track a day which i thought was ok considering i'd never heard them before.

Oddly enough she fell out with the studio and never came back to complete the songs. She did send me a PM asking if i'd be ok with her using my basslines mainly because it was my mates studio. I had no issues with them being used. I did manage to get the basic tracks for myself tho.

Not my usual style of music but enjoyed the challenge.

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 2

On 15/02/2020 at 12:31, dmccombe7 said:

I did some studio work on an EP last year for a girl and that was the sound she was trying to achieve. I never met her to be honest but the producer mentioned it to me.

It was a case of turn up at studio, listen to her basic vocal and acoustic guitar and make a start from there. Drum and main vocal had been done with a basic backing track consisting of acoustic guitar and keys to give us something to work with.

Was quite chuffed with the bass lines i came up with. One track a day which i thought was ok considering i'd never heard them before.

Oddly enough she fell out with the studio and never came back to complete the songs. She did send me a PM asking if i'd be ok with her using my basslines mainly because it was my mates studio. I had no issues with them being used. I did manage to get the basic tracks for myself tho.

Not my usual style of music but enjoyed the challenge.

Dave

Sounds like an interesting project, Dave. Can I have a listen? :)

4 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

The only gig I'm going to this year is Groove Armada at Blue Dot. I was made up I heard they were headlining and have been playing this track every day  since then cos I feckin love it

I don’t know that one , but this is my favourite groove Armada tune ☝️

27 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

You not heard the sad news yet?  Bit of a timely choice considering

I have, I was having a reminisce about how the whole Screamadelica album and how much it changed my view of music at that time and thought of the track. I think the album was released on the same day as Nevermind, which never had an impact on me at all - just didn't 'get it'! 

Screamadelica, on the other hand, was something else. Still is, in fact.

In a previous life I worked with someone who had been produced by Weatherall and they absolutely raved ('scuse the choice of word) about him. Properly creative and 'out there'!

• Like 1