Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

I think this thread may be derailed,  and I (mercifully) have little understanding and no experience of what I think @dave moffat might be referring to.🙂

So as it's my fault we're here, I shall bring the thread back on topic:

Backbone, Status Quo's current album. Which is actually a LOT better than you expect it to be.

I listen to quite a lot of quiet amorphous ambient droning music - Steve Roach produces way too many albums and these days I don't think much of most of them but I like Early Man - I listen to this type of stuff Eno-style "on low levels" through ear-buds when I go to bed every night - this is what I'm listening to atm - as in this past week or two:-

8 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

I'm a big fan of the Warp label and have been listening to a load of their stuff like Boards of Canada, Two Lone Swordsmen, Nightmares on Wax and Autechre, in particular Autechre and the newly released NTS Sessions.   However, I won't be recommending them to most folk here 😉

Love BofC  and Autechre. They played at a venue I used to work at and all the old trad rock crew were dissing them something awful, I thought they were superb. No lights, completely blacked out stage, only sounds to listen to, brilliant live experience.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Wee trip down memory lane and remembered this amazing band from 70's

John Sloman was a fantastic singer / frontman.

I think John Peel was played a few tracks off the Firing on All Six album at the time he was playing Siouxsie etc

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Wee trip down memory lane and remembered this amazing band from 70's

John Sloman was a fantastic singer / frontman.

I rented a room off Dixie Lee, the drummer, for a couple of years. Used to spend a lot of time playing V Rally and Goldeneye with him. Got to jam with him and Kenny Driscoll, the second Lone Star singer a few times.

4 hours ago, odysseus said:

I rented a room off Dixie Lee, the drummer, for a couple of years. Used to spend a lot of time playing V Rally and Goldeneye with him. Got to jam with him and Kenny Driscoll, the second Lone Star singer a few times.

Think Kenny Driscoll was the 1st singer on the 1st album then John Sloman took over for the 2nd and 3rd albums.

That was probably the start of the band you were involved in :laugh1:

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

Love BofC  and Autechre. They played at a venue I used to work at and all the old trad rock crew were dissing them something awful, I thought they were superb. No lights, completely blacked out stage, only sounds to listen to, brilliant live experience.

Good to know of other peeps who are into this kinda stuff otherwise it's quite a lonely place. You also into other current or ex Warpers like The Black Dog, Plaid, B12, Luke Vibert? You also heard of any of these;  Monolake, EchaSkech, Modeselektor, Moderat and Mouse On Mars?

7 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

Good to know of other peeps who are into this kinda stuff otherwise it's quite a lonely place. You also into other current or ex Warpers like The Black Dog, Plaid, B12, Luke Vibert? You also heard of any of these;  Monolake, EchaSkech, Modeselektor, Moderat and Mouse On Mars?

Modeselektor, Mouse on Mars, The Black Dog, Plaid and B12. I’m preoccupied with Venetian Snares and Nurse With Wound at the moment.

Edited by Frank Blank