Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

14 hours ago, madshadows said:

Rod Stewart - Reason To Believe - The Complete Mercury Studio Recordings, this is rather excellent, I'd forgotten how great Sir Rod's early stuff was :D 

John

I love that box set, it’s a great collection.

His take on Man of Constant Sorrow is, for me, one of the best performances he’s given.

It’s only a short piece but his use of dynamics - how he chooses to really go for a line and then the parts he almost talks through - is a fine example of a singer really feeling a song.

What a voice!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Man Riva said:

I love that box set, it’s a great collection.

His take on Man of Constant Sorrow is, for me, one of the best performances he’s given.

It’s only a short piece but his use of dynamics - how he chooses to really go for a line and then the parts he almost talks through - is a fine example of a singer really feeling a song.

What a voice!

Yeah he's a fantastic singer, love a lot of his stuff, one of his recent releases TIME is excellent, just bought the expanded versions of of the two Jeff Beck Group albums (Truth & Beck-Ola) featuring Rod on vocals, looking forward to listening to them :)

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madshadows said:

Yeah he's a fantastic singer, love a lot of his stuff, one of his recent releases TIME is excellent, just bought the expanded versions of of the two Jeff Beck Group albums (Truth & Beck-Ola) featuring Rod on vocals, looking forward to listening to them :)

John

I love those two albums! Should also be noted that Ronnie Wood is a fine bass player.

Little wonder he provided some of the more interesting bass lines in the Stones repertoire (no offence to Bill!).

• Like 1

On 12/01/2020 at 09:49, madshadows said:

Listened to 2112 by Rush last night in honour of Neil Peart, what an album it is, amazing playing, singing and songs and the 20 minute 2112 opus is astounding, RIP Neil.

John

Wait!! What???! Neil Peart is dead...?? 😶😳😢 Missed that news...

On 12/01/2020 at 20:00, doomed said:

mate - that brings back memories from many moons ago.  I used to love Upside Down from the Polka Slam fanzine 7 inch - think I bought it in the queue for the Marquee.  And despite loving it, pretty sure i never bought any of their other stuff.  Haven't played it for years...might be listening to it again tonight...

• Like 1