Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

1 hour ago, MacDaddy said:

Mainly I've been listening to all the Christmas songs that have been crow-barred into the set over the last week or so, plus New Years Day - U2, which we are going to play after 12am at the New Years Eve gig.

My fav U2 song. Love playing that song.

Dave

After days of being subjected to non-stop christmas tunes over the office ceiling speakers I have at last wrestled back control of the sound system. After pissing everyone off last week with Bauhaus 1979-1983 Vol1, I am now subjecting everyone to Recoil Unsound Methods......I'm looking forward to the reaction when we get to Luscious Apparatus .....

Edited by Twigman
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Twigman said:

After days of being subjected to non-stop christmas tunes over the office ceiling speakers I have at last wrestled back control of the sound system. After pissing everyone off last week with Bauhaus 1979-1983 Vol1, I am now subjecting everyone to Recoil Unsound Methods......I'm looking forward to the reaction when we get to Luscious Apparatus .....

Happy xxxmas

These guys.... the finest new 'yacht rock' - reminiscent of Hall & Oates, Michael McDonald-era Doobie Brothers, Toto etc!

and this fantastic German/UK group from the late 70's who sound like a mix of Steely Dan, Tommy Johnston-era Doobie Bros, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Lynyrd Skynyrd etc....
The first 4 LAKE albums are ESSENTIAL for anyone of that musical taste! @silverfoxnik & @TrevorR  - I think you'll enjoy these guys!

Here's their 1st album:

Here's their 2nd album:

Here's their 3rd album:

and their underrated 4th album. Check out the fantastic chorus bassline on the opening track!

Edited by cetera
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Twigman said:

I'm looking forward to the reaction when we get to Luscious Apparatus .....

Nobody reacted at all...it's almost like they weren't listening.

What a disappointment.

I must find something else to upset them with.